6v92 engine mounts ? help please

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Todd Pearce

6v92 engine mounts ? help please

Post by Todd Pearce »

Hi to all, this is the front mounts on my 6v92s,conventry conversion at the factory for my B42, we are currently rebuilding both engines and would like some help in finding replacement bushes for the mounts, anyone know where to source them?? the rear mounts look the same , any and all help much appreciated
Regards Todd
scot

Re: 6v92 engine mounts ? help please

Post by scot »

The mounts appear to be a cast Detroit item, Specialty marinizers such as Covington or J&T typically fabricated when they built items like that. I would get the casting numbers off the mounts and call Stewart & Stevenson in Houston. Ask for John in used parts. He may not have the bushings, but may have some ideas where or how to source them. Assuming they ARE Detroit mounts, other Detroit dealers may have some ideas as well. 6V92s were fairly common, you should be able to find the bushings.

Try Boatdiesel.com, in the 6V92 users section. If you are not a member, join. Good use of $25 bucks a year.

Good luck.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

I believe this part is identical to the one used on 8V92's... It certainly looks identical!...
scot

Post by scot »

I believe this part is identical to the one used on 8V92's
I agree they should be the same. The front end of the engine (all accessory mounting) should be common. This is the case with 53 & 71 series. V & L configurations are different within the series.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0