A few things are going to be for sale this winter!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

A few things are going to be for sale this winter!

Post by Dug »

As many of you know I am tackling a good sized project with Alchemy this winter at Brewer Street Boatworks in Newport. Part of that will result in me replacing the hard top I have and most if not all of my electronics.

I will list on the swap and sell board, I promise, but I wanted to give as much notice and visibility as possible.

In all likelyhood I will have the following available for sale. And it all works very well.

Raytheon R21xx 32 nm range open array radar
Raymarine E120 MFD
- Sounder module
- Sirius module
- Networking module
- gps module/nav
Stereo head
VHF radio

Fabricated hard top with enclosure.
Rocket launcher that attaches to the Bertram factory rails on the back of the flybridge. It provides 5 rods a place to go, and is pretty slick if I do say so myself!

I may be selling my bowrail, but not sure yet. We shall see. Its a one piece welded unit. Not the original from the boat, but an improvement in my mind... Its in really good shape, but depending on what the fabricator says he can make a new one for, and whether he wants to do a small modification, that will drive whether I sell it and replace.

One question for you to consider, if you are interested, is whether you want to buy the top and the electronics together as they are all currently mounted on the hard top.

I can answer questions, send pics, etc. if desired, just shoot me a PM. I am not entirely sure when they will all be coming off the boat, but likely early October. I don't think the fabricator will need to see the old top, but they may want to and that will impact selling schedule.

Anyway, PM me if you are interested. I don't have a shutterfly account so I don't post pictures here, believe it or not, but I am happy to shoot pics of anything specific and email them.

Dug
Whaler1777

Re: A few things are going to be for sale this winter!

Post by Whaler1777 »

Your bow rail sure is handsome
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Please keep me inmind if you sell the bowrail ....
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Stuart Cooperrider

Post by Stuart Cooperrider »

I'm not touching the "your bowrail sure is handsome" line. Appreciate the chuckle it brought to my adolescent mind.
Dug

Post by Dug »

LOL! Stuart!

I'll keep everyone posted. Its good stuff. Its not 100% brand new, but its good never the less.

Dug
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Only sissies have bowrails. Said the guy who always anchored from the safety of the cockpit because he didn't have one!

Tom
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

When it's five to seven feet every seven seconds and blowing 22 knots, and you need to tie or untie a line to a lobster pot on the 100 fathom curve, in the dark and the rain, you'll be whimpering like a little girl about how you always liked that bow rail......

Some guys will just cut the line, but not me.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Mike:

The two times I anchored my B31 were in less than 50' of water, lol.

I could have sold my fortress as new.

Tom
Dug

Post by Dug »

I like the look of the boats with no bowrail. That being said I cannot imagine a time where I will own a boat without one.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bow rail gives you a certain sense of security.

Maybe a false sense but it is there. I have anchored more than twice and in a lot more than 50 of water and a few times when it was howling and only a fool would have put it off the stern.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Tony Meola wrote:Bow rail gives you a certain sense of security.

Maybe a false sense but it is there. I have anchored more than twice and in a lot more than 50 of water and a few times when it was howling and only a fool would have put it off the stern.
When I said I anchored from the comfort of the cockpit, I hope you don't think I was either anchored from the stern or from the midship. I always kept my anchor rode pulled down the starboard gunnel and the chain and anchor in a tote with a shackle to connect the two. To retrieve I did have to go out to the bow to put the ball on the line and then pull up with the ball. I clipped the ball on via the bow hatch with me safely inside the boat.

Tom
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Dug wrote:I like the look of the boats with no bowrail. That being said I cannot imagine a time where I will own a boat without one.
What ^^^ HE ^^^ said... Also, my bow rail has 2 triple fender nests... If I get rid of the bow rail I'll have to find another place for my fenders...
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Tom

I figured that was what you meant, but I also figured in 50 of water you anchored off the stern in dead calm waters. On nice days, we drag a grapling hook over wrecks and anchor off the stern to fish. But it is dead flat.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Tony:

One of the reasons I'm a HORRIBLE blackfisherman -- I am terrible at anchoring, probably because I don't do it very often!

Tom