American Electroplating?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

American Electroplating?

Post by Dug »

Many years ago I had almost all of my chrome parts re-chromed by Dave Mitchell at American Electro plating. I may be doing a few again this winter. Just curious if anyone has used him recently and if he is still rockin and rolling in the chrome biz?

I plan to call him when I get closer, but wanted to get a feel for it first. He did a great job when he did it for me the last time, but that was some 10 plus years ago.

thanks!

D
Harry Woods

Re: American Electroplating?

Post by Harry Woods »

Dug,
I used them two years ago and the quality remains as before. However, the one partner who handled all us Bertram guys in the past retired. The other guy does great chrome but I miss the other guys knowledge of every Bertram part I sent him.
Harry
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Dug

They are still in Hawthorne, NJ. I used them about 5 years ago. The one partner has been out for quite a while, but no drop in quality.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Dug

Post by Dug »

Cool! Good to know!
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Dug, I had all the parts from my dad's Murray chair rechromed at south shore plating in boston. Great guys know boats especially classics . BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?