Bertram 20 Bahia Mar

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

kellysmall

Bertram 20 Bahia Mar

Post by kellysmall »

I was over in Gulfport, MS yesterday and saw a B20 Bahia Mar for sale sitting on a trailer in front of Coast Cycle World on Pass Road. I snapped a few pictures, but I don't know how to post them here. It looked like it was in pretty good shape, but it didn't have an outdrive. The sign said it had a Mercruiser 6-cylinder. Didn't know if anybody was interested in a project, but overall, the boat looked to be in pretty good shape. The original windshield was on it, and it looked good. There was a little checking around the top rim on the gunnel, but it wasn't too bad. The trailer looked to be in pretty good shape too. Let me know if anybody'd interested and I'll send the pictures and telephone number.
kellysmall

Re: Bertram 20 Bahia Mar

Post by kellysmall »

I got some more info from the owner. He claims it's a '64 model, but he's not sure. The engine is out of the boat, but it does fire right up and run. He also has the outdrive foot. The trailer does, in fact, come with it. He was previously asking $5,000, but he said he'd take $4,000 for all of it. From the looks of things, it would be a good deal. If I weren't in the middle of building a new house I'd be all over this one. I'll forward the telephone number to anyone who might be interested.
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

This looked like a good example--just sold

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-BERTRAM-BA ... 7675.l2557
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

The paint job was nearly worth more than the sale price.....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
ianupton

Post by ianupton »

Not to mention the 3 7 hours on the new Mercruiser 4.3 MPI Aloha engine package.
Harry Woods

Post by Harry Woods »

Craig/Mike/Ian,
My son had that boat under contract, completed a survey and bolted from the deal. Still fighting to get the deposit back. Be very careful in dealing with that seller.
Harry
ianupton

Post by ianupton »

Harry - I am not in market for one. Why did he run from deal? Engine props and controls are worth more than selling price.

Curious...

Ian.
Harry Woods

Post by Harry Woods »

Ian,
It was represented to be 'near perfect" which was a stretch. There were structural issues disclosed by the surveyor. I do not want to get too specific in the event we wind up in court to get the deposit returned. It appeared to be an alternative to doing a full restoration on his current 20 he purchased from Walter K (Bluebeard Too) a few years ago. His current boat is virtually original with the common structural issues and repower behind him. Just glass work and paint remain.
Harry