Calling Pete Fallon

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harry Woods

Calling Pete Fallon

Post by Harry Woods »

Pete,
I am looking for a surveyor for a Bertram my son has under contract located mid-state between Tampa and Melborne, Florida.
Do you have anyone you are familiar with that can do the job? Hope you had a safe trip north and that your operation is a success.
Harry
Pete Fallon

Re: Calling Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Harry,
I just got the computer hooked up this afternoon. Where exactly is ther boat located, I have contacts on both coasts, I need to get a location so I can put you in touch with the right one. The trip was pretty un-eventful, we were about 6 hours ahead of the torrential rains that got Long Island and NJ areas. I've done the trip about 40 times over the years, not much changed except the idiot drivers texting and doing their make up in the fast lane, going 85 on minute then 70 the next while they talk or text. I averaged 65 miles per hour for the entire trip and gas prices varied from $3.05 to $3.45 depending on the state. Got to do it again on the 28th this time with a 24' diesel truck full of furniture. Let me know where the boat is and I'll hook your son up with a good surveyor.
Thanks,
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Harry Woods

Post by Harry Woods »

Pete,
Glad to hear that you have one of the two trips behind you. You were moving to average 65 mph over the trip. The boat is in Winterhaven which is about 45 miles east of Tampa. The other coast is just slightly further. Thanks again for your prompt response.
Harry
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Harry,
I'll get back to you later this afternoon on which surveyor to call I've got to make a ew calls to see who wants to do the job.
Pete Fallon
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Harry,
There are only 2 guys in the area that the boat is located at in Winter Haven, the first surveyor is Paul Murphey he has only been an AMS since 2011 his number is 407-758-6593 he is in Winter Garden Fl. The other is Ron Smith in Orlando 309-696-3241 he's been around since 1997. Give them a call and ask if they have done any 31's orther than those two your going to get into a few hours of travel time plus the survey cost. Good luck.
Pete Fallon
Harry Woods

Post by Harry Woods »

Thanks Pete. I will contact them.
Harry