Seeking Vinyl Logo Recommendations

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

jprobins

Seeking Vinyl Logo Recommendations

Post by jprobins »

Hi All--

I have finally broken down and had my 26.6 Sport Convertible II (outboard) painted. However, there was a little disconnect between the painter and me about the Bertram logos on the sides (see photo if I can figure out how to upload it). I thought he was going to paint it on, and he thought I was having a vinyl sticker of it made. In the end, he convinced me that the sticker, if done right, would be better. At least, that is what I am telling myself. The logo was painted over before we had this conversation, so all I have is a couple of photos. I do want this done right. Does anyone have any recommendations about who I should go to to get these made?

P.S.--My apologies if I screw up posting the picture.
Jim Robinson

Motu Iti
1983 26.6 II Sport Convertible (outboard)
SteveM

Re: Seeking Vinyl Logo Recommendations

Post by SteveM »

Due to the size and placement I would think a local vendor should measure and replicate what you have.
I have used a place out of Central FL for Boston Whaler stickers, but I simply sent them the artwork and size. This is a more hands on job.
BTW, I had one of these, great boat. If you want a few old Bertram ads of this boat send me your mailing address and I'll send them to you.
There were very few of these made. Great solid boat. Sold mine for more than I paid for it.
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

jprobins

I recently bought the same model boat, mine is a 1984 twin outboard. If you need to measure the original logo I'm in the Freeport Texas area. You are welcome to come take a look. There has been some work on the hull sides so there is a small blemish on the logo on each side but you should be able to get good dimensions if you want. Also I have a friend down here that has a sign company up in Dallas, I could have him take a look at it if you want.

Where are you on the Texas coast? I go over to Port O'Connor a few times a year. Depending on where you're at, I wouldn't mind scoping out the work you've done on yours. I'll be starting to clean mine up this winter.

Steve,

Your 26 and the other boats on your B26 website are a big reason I now have my own 26. I really like the layout on this boat. If you don't mind could you send a copy of the ads you mention to me as well. I can PM you my email.

Any chance either of you have an original manual?

Best Regards,

Danny
buzzk

Post by buzzk »

I would think a local sign shop could make it for you and install it too. In our area there are a lot of sign shops that do the vinyl logos in our area.
jprobins

Post by jprobins »

My reply seems to have gotten lost. Apologies to anyone who sees dupes.

Daniel, the offer is much appreciated as my logos have now been painted over. Next week, I start replacing the wood ceilings and trim. Admittedly, I am using mahogany instead of teak, but the look should still be close to the original. All the wood had been stripped out of mine and replaced with black duraboard.

The boat lives in Rockport, and I have not had good luck with the only sign maker I know of there.

Steve, thanks very much. I have sent you a PM.

Jim
Jim Robinson

Motu Iti
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Jim,

I'm heading out of town until early next week. I'll get in contact with you via PM when I get back
jprobins

Post by jprobins »

Quick photo of the paint work in progress.

Jim Robinson

Motu Iti