31 bertram value

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

springloaded

31 bertram value

Post by springloaded »

I have a 1971 31 fb w/300 cummins, about 1200hrs since overhaul, holmsie windshield ( probably give it 6-7 )runs good need some TLC but mechanically and structurally in good shape.FRP board deck with under deck storage.4 blade props only in the water 3months out of the year. Wonder what it value is I have owned it for 15 years now just don't use it enough.
Thanks
Chuck
Pete Fallon

Re: 31 bertram value

Post by Pete Fallon »

Springloaded,
It's not a good time to sell a 31 right now, the last 2 that I heard about sold last fall for 150K it was a 9.9 out of 10, the other was Buddy Boy a few years ago for 150K. I have had my 1961 express on the market for a year at 39K with no bites, dropped it down to 25K and still nothing. If the boat is clean, with good appearance and good mechanicals, upgraded wiring and interior it should be going maybe for the low 70's, but it's not a good time to sell now. However if you find the right buyer you might get more. As a surveyor, I still can't believe some to the crap that is selling for 100K, I wouldn't go across the ICW in them never mind going offshore.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Pete,
Steve brought his boat back for a few weeks so I could do some stuff and there are/were two other 31's in the yard. One getting a refit with a Cabrera deck kit, the other was pretty rough, judging by the exhaust size it had cummins but they were out at the time, it got moved around the yard, next to Steve's at one time then I didn't see it.

The guy doing the glass work on the refit came over to talk and look. Said he knows of 3 or 4 more locally getting refits. Looks like its a buyers market right now.
springloaded

Post by springloaded »

Thanks Pete
Its relatively clean, been rewired, I was hopeing for around $60 probably use it this summer then try to sell it.Still go to Bahamas a couple times a year with it.I see your out of Stuart im in Jupiter.
Thanks Chuck
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Chuck,

Good hearing from you... You still have the welded fence business going? How about Turbo Tommy. He still next door?
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
springloaded

Post by springloaded »

Hey Capt Pat
Yes I'm still doing aluminum specialties ,Bought a building down the road few years ago so moved. Still stop buy to say hi to turbo(he hasn't changed). Glad to see your still keeping these guys in line. Been thinking about selling the Bertram again. Just to many other interest and dealing with the weekend worriers down here just isn't much FUN. Hope your doing well.
Still see some names on here I recognize.
Best. Chuck