PROP PULLER

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Craig Mac

PROP PULLER

Post by Craig Mac »

Have 3 blade on 1 3/8 shaft---been using a knock off nut but not comfortable with the process--

Any recommendations for a prop puller---I have seen one with 3 threaded bolts and one with only one.
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

I have the first one and work well for me! I only use it every 3 yrs though!
http://Www.GT-lures.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

speaking of which I loaned mine to someone and they never returned it, chalk that up as a loss
RAWicklund

Post by RAWicklund »

I've got 1 like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Prop-Pul ... 25594e4823

Works on 3 or 4 blade prop.
BFH always works best for me. I've only had to use the puller once topside, numerous times in the water.
Ripsangler

Post by Ripsangler »

I use the same one as RAWicklund on my 3 blade props and have had no problems
gplume

Post by gplume »

Craig-

Being a cheapo I tried to gin up a puller using a harmonic balencer puller. See first image. I beat on it for an eon, even applying heat to the prop. No dice..My yard owner saw me working away....said "son you need a prop puller"...let me borrow the one on the bottom image, presto right off.

Conclusion...get a prop puller with some "mechancial advantage". This means like the first link. The 3rd link is where I got my harmonic balencer idea from....I would avoid that type.

AVOID- NO dice!

Worked Great!
Giff
Carl

Post by Carl »

[quote="gplume"]Craig-

Being a cheapo I tried to gin up a puller using a harmonic balencer puller. See first image. I beat on it for an eon, even applying heat to the prop. No dice..My yard owner saw me working away....said "son you need a prop puller"...let me borrow the one on the bottom image, presto right off.

Conclusion...get a prop puller with some "mechancial advantage". This means like the first link. The 3rd link is where I got my harmonic balencer idea from....I would avoid that type.

AVOID- NO dice!

Gplume....you where SOoo close. If you threaded those three studs further and cranked on them you would have had it...provided nothing flexed.
That single fine thread just don't give enough punch to pop a stubborn taper.

I use the Walters Puller.