Windstar...latest Ethanol victim

All discussions pertaining to Ethanol Laced Fuels

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harv

Windstar...latest Ethanol victim

Post by Harv »

Well, got the report from the yard the other day. The port motor is out, the heads are off, and there are 2 busted pushrods and 2 valves caked with the dreaded black goo. Gameplan appears to be a rebuild of the heads and a switch to the edelbrock intake manifold and carb. Then We will pull the heads off the starboard motor and take a peak and either rebuild those as well or just do a check up on them. Then also replace manifold and carb on that motor as well. Will probably also change the distributors from points to electronic. While that is going on the deck will come up and a new gas tank will be taking the place of the old fiberglass tank. If I go aluminum or stainless, I will be lining the interior as well as the exterior of the tank. I will probably use Red Kote for the interior lining. http://www.usaimports.co.uk/FBO_Pages/red_kote.htm. Any other advice or suggestions will be gladly accepted.
Harv
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

Harv,

I tried sending you an email, but I don't think the site's email function works.

I sent an email to the address listed on your Windstar Charters website.
Regards,

Doug L.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Doug,

got both of your emails. I think the contact page on my website is acting quirky. I guess I'll call my webhost Monday and find out what's up. The email form my website didn't come through and I sent myself an email to check and didn't get that either.

Thanks
Harv