Ethanol News

All discussions pertaining to Ethanol Laced Fuels

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

jrwolfe

Ethanol News

Post by jrwolfe »

I saw this on another website and thought it might be of interest.

NMMA needs your help today to prevent EPA from increasing the amount of ethanol allowed in gasoline. Please take a moment to read this alert and take action.

On March 6, 2009, a new pro-ethanol lobbying organization called Growth Energy and 54 ethanol manufacturers formally requested that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) increase ethanol blend levels in gasoline up to 15 percent (E15). As is required by law, EPA on April 21 published a Notice for Comment in the Federal Register, beginning a 30-day public comment period that closes on May 21, 2009.

Ethanol Advocates are mobilizing their forces to submit 20,000 favorable comments to EPA requesting that the Agency grant a waiver for E15.

Let's beat them at their own game. There are 18 million boats currently in operation in the U.S., and none of them has been designed, certified or warrantied to run on anything above E10, the current maximum legal blend level. Boaters know very well that increased ethanol blends will cause performance problems with their boats and engines, increase maintenance costs, potentially pose safety risks and increase air pollution.

And yet, neither EPA nor any other federal agency has done a single test on the impacts of E15 on marine engines, fuel systems, or components. Marine engines and fuel systems are not designed, calibrated or certified to run on anything above 10 percent ethanol. We ask you to support a science first approach and urge EPA to deny the ethanol industry's E15 waiver request unless and until independent and comprehensive scientific testing is completed on a full range of marine engines and other products.

For more information, contact NMMA Legislative Director Mat Dunn at mdunn@nmma.org; (202) 737-9760.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

I met with a lawyer right after getting back fromTexas who was representing Conoco Phillips in a Miami lawsuit involving 3 boaters.

They were claiming engine damage. one of them claimed outdrive damage.

He called me to discuss the issues with boats and the possible damage.

He had warned me this was comming soon. It seems the rush to build ethanol plants worked but due to the economy and fuel prices last summer, fuel usage is down quite a bit and the plants are sitting idle making them no money.

The higher requirement of ethanol would allow them to start using the plants.

Like most everything environmental wise, its a scam and all about money.

This is going to affect everything from boats to lawn mowers.

Spread the word to non boaters also as this is a sham in general.

Lock up the EPA switch board with calls.
Send them letters and emails.

Enough of this crap already.

Anybody who has ties to media, contact them.

Lets get busy.
Chuck Fulmer

Here is the link to the NMMA Government center

Post by Chuck Fulmer »

Here is the link to email the EPA.
http://capwiz.com/nmma/issues/alert/?al ... ake+Action

Chuck
Harv

Post by Harv »

Just sent in my letter.
Harv
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Sent mine too. Inundate them. ALL the bretheren whether you're gas or diesel. This is important! Enough of this political bullshit! Ethanol has been an environmental and a consumer food disaster. It has cost boaters and homeownwers billions of dollars in destroyed machinery.Most don't even know it. More disaster won't fix the damage it has already done! The people who climbed into the Ethanol "opportunity" deserve to go broke! What the hell, it's a risk you take when you speculate! Walter
Al

Post by Al »

Just sent mine in.
Al
1970 31' FBC Hull No. 315-901
"Teppi"
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

done!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

On the way!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Done
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Done
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
gmelvin

Post by gmelvin »

Done too!