Fuel and Taxes

All discussions pertaining to Ethanol Laced Fuels

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Peter

Fuel and Taxes

Post by Peter »

I saw a recent piece where the reporter said that the US govt isn't p interested in curtailing fuel consumption due to the approximately 50 cent a gallon tax revenue they get from gasoline sales.

I saw somewhere else that the US govt also gives the oil companies about 50 cents a gallon tax relief for using ethanol.

So big oil is making record profits while we pay their of taxes!

Hmmm.

Peter
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Hmmm...the credibility gap widens. Notice how the Democrats aren't beating in the heads of the Republicans on the issue? If I were them I would, but they like the additional income, too. The same goes for State and local governments! They get a percentage of the higher cost, and we can blame it on the Arabs and our SUV's. Walter
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

Here is Mass, the People's Republic of Brookline is looking to pass an ordinance where-by SUV owners pay a larger excise tax. Their reasoning is that SUV owners should pay more because they use more gas. Apparently, no one in Brookline is aware that SUV owners already pay there fair share everytime they fill up because of the taxes (both State and Federal) on a gallon of gas. Morons!
Regards,

Doug L.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

The gene pool is deteriorating...they outsourced their brains and can no longer figure things out for themselves.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

And people who spend more money on consumer goods should pay a tax too. After all, they cause more trucks to burn more diesel fuel..... And people who buy houses cause trees to be cut down, which is bad for the atmosphere......so let's tax them too.

In fact, let's tax anyone who doesn't just sit on his ass all day worrying about global warming......like Michael Moore and Al Gore.

Yeah.

That's the ticket.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Peter

Post by Peter »

"...they outsourced their brains.."

How sad but true!