Townhall article

All discussions pertaining to Ethanol Laced Fuels

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Skipper Dick

Townhall article

Post by Skipper Dick »

Here is a link to a Townhall article that was on line this morning.

John Stossel - The Many Myths of Ethanol

Dick
1983 Bertram 28 FBC w/300 Merc Horizon
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

Its amazing that the media is just clueing in on what we've known for over 2 years now.
Regards,

Doug L.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I'm afraid we've become a nation of sheep. I feel like Don Quixote fighting a huge windmill on this subject. Meanwhile gasoline hightest has hit $4.06 on the east end of Long Island. God knows what the price of marine Fuel will be this summer. Walter
Peter

Post by Peter »

WalterK,

It's tough being the first one to say the emperor isn't wearing any clothes. Especially when the JohnQ.Public is being fed a load of B.S. and most of them are only watching the eveing news to get the sports scores anyway.

The concept of the general populus actively trying to enlighten themselves is a farce, but in the end the TRUTH will prevail. When the pollution doesn't get better, when we don't gain independence from foreign oil, and when the prices across the board at both the grocery store and the gas pump continue to rise, then gradually the masses will awaken and ask, "Why has this corn liquor solution that you promised us would work done nothing good?"

Hey, it only took them 4 years to figure out that Iraq had nothing to do with 911, and that they were sold a war on false pretenses which has only resulted in outrageous war profits for a few select companies at a terrible cost in blood and treasure of the nation.

Keep beating the drum! At first there are only a few, then many, then a "fringe minority" and finally it will get out there in discussions enough that even "Average Joe" will be asking the politicians if he really should pay a tax subsidy to the most profitable businesses in the land to make a product that makes everything else in his life more expenseve and does little or nothing of what it is proported to do.

Meantime ask those you speak to why, if the politicians are so intent on burning less oil, they do not work to improve the rail system, reduce highway driving speeds, and adopt tougher emmissions standards for autos and trucks? Any one of those measures would knock the stuffing out of the "ethanol solution."

What will be interesting is to see how the politicians spin it in a few years when the real truth is more widely accepted. Much like the "I voted for the war but I was mislead" argument it doesn't make for a strong position. Even if we as a populus choose not to bother to be well informed we should insist that we elect officials who are. After all that is part of their job. When the various senators say they were misled regarding the war the next question from the interviewer should be "How come? Didn't you have a large staff at your beck and call who could have researched this and found out quite a bit more before you voted on such a drastic measure? Isn't that part of your responsibility? That is to inform yourself and confirm what you have been told?"

It would be great if we as a nation could be having that discussion before election day 2008.....but I'm not holding my breath.

Peter
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

If you get a chance to view a documentary called "Century of self' it explains quite a bit and makes sense of a lot of things.

It deals with the Freud dynasty. Sigmund Freud, founder of psychoanalysis; Edward Bernays, who invented public relations; Anna Freud, Sigmund's devoted daughter; and present-day PR guru and Sigmund's great grandson, Matthew Freud.

If you can't find it, let me know. I'm thinking of posting a link to it off my site and upload the dvd's.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315