$23.80 per gallon

All discussions pertaining to Ethanol Laced Fuels

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

$23.80 per gallon

Post by mike ohlstein »

For what comes out to $23.80 per gallon, Home Depot will now sell you ethanol free fuel for your lawnmower......

Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
captbone

Re: $23.80 per gallon

Post by captbone »

The sad part is that I buy it!!!!!

$4.88 a quart at Home Depot. 91 octane with stabilizer. I use it in my lawn mower, generator and snow blower. Smell funky but every spring the engines all start on one or two pulls. No issues sitting for 6-8 months. I use cheap gas during the season then run them out of fuel and restart with this fuel. Sucks to have to do but it is the easiest answer. I spend $15 in that stuff as to not have any problems. For me it is worth it and the easiest answer.
Carl

Post by Carl »

captbone wrote:The sad part is that I buy it!!!!!

$4.88 a quart at Home Depot. 91 octane with stabilizer. I use it in my lawn mower, generator and snow blower. Smell funky but every spring the engines all start on one or two pulls. No issues sitting for 6-8 months. I use cheap gas during the season then run them out of fuel and restart with this fuel. Sucks to have to do but it is the easiest answer. I spend $15 in that stuff as to not have any problems. For me it is worth it and the easiest answer.

I buy for snow blower and shop weed whacker.
Pricey, but no gunk. Even when I drain that ethanol crap...it gunks up the carb somehow.
I got tired of pulling off and cleaning every year.

Think that's pricey...think what you pay for bottled water.

A bud has a beer distributorship...sells water too.
Think its Voss water that he says he has a tough time keeping on the shelf, at $23.00 a case.
Sells pallet after pallet of the stuff.
Nice bottle for sure...the water taste like water to me. Not good, not bad...water.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I use it in all of my two stroke engines. Cheaper than a rebuild and they start when I want the to.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
CamB25

Post by CamB25 »

Tru fuel and Stihl MotoMix work great for me. In Wilmington, NC we can buy non-ethanol gas at many stations, but up here in the land of the liberals (N. Va), there is ZERO non-ethanol fuel available.
1963 Bertram 25
1973 Boston Whaler 13 - sold!
1998 Scout 172 SF - beach taxi
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Only place to get non ethanol fuel in NJ is at a private airport. They can't put ethanol in aviation fuel. It causes freeze up in the fuel line.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Strela_999

Post by Strela_999 »

Well, I haven't been in the US for the last 3 years, and didn't remember ethanol derivatives being that expensive! I know that in Western Europe, they're actually a cheaper option when compared to usual 100% fossil fuels, but that's because taxes don't make up the majority of the prices on these fuels.
Still, $23.80 is ridiculous, I've never seen such prices for fuel. Is there even an alternative to these that would be cheaper, preferably in WA?
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

That is actually non-ethanol gas with 2 stroke oil and additives.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Carl

Post by Carl »

Rawleigh wrote:That is actually non-ethanol gas with 2 stroke oil and additives.
They have both the two stroke mix and straight gas. Isn't it great to pay more for them not to put it in...