Special thanks to Gert

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

ianupton

Special thanks to Gert

Post by ianupton »

Late last weekend, I had a 10 hour layover in Amserterdam.

I had previously sent Gert a note asking if we would be available to meet.

We were able to meet in person and I want to thank him again for being such a gracious host.

I toured his boat yard (saw the 25 Riva in process, the woodshop, many other projects as well). He treated me to a lunch at lovely little cafe and we topped off the trip in a ride in his B31 "Island Girl".
I also saw some amazing boats called Long Island: http://www.longisland.nl/index.cfm?/home_NL_EN Perhaps Gert will share more of his involvement with Long Island.

On top of this, he both picked me up from and drove me back to the airport.

Gert - Many thanks again!

Ian.
Bob H.

Re: Special thanks to Gert

Post by Bob H. »

Not surprised at all...the power of the sandbox..we all have Bertram blood running through our veins...all you have to do is ask...way to go Gert..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Ian did you scope out my future bedroom? He will adopt me it's just a matter of time! Very cool thanks for sharing!
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Ian wrote:We were able to meet in person and I want to thank him again for being such a gracious host.
This seems to be a way of life here at our "Bertram Fraternity".......... a pleasant way of life! ! ! !

hb
hb
Gert van Leest

Post by Gert van Leest »

MarkS wrote:Ian did you scope out my future bedroom? He will adopt me it's just a matter of time! Very cool thanks for sharing!
Mark , youre room is ready !! :)

The forms are in the mail !

Gert
Women are like boats ,the older they get , the more money and professional help they need to look beautiful.
Gert van Leest

Post by Gert van Leest »

ianupton wrote:Late last weekend, I had a 10 hour layover in Amserterdam.

I had previously sent Gert a note asking if we would be available to meet.

We were able to meet in person and I want to thank him again for being such a gracious host.

I toured his boat yard (saw the 25 Riva in process, the woodshop, many other projects as well). He treated me to a lunch at lovely little cafe and we topped off the trip in a ride in his B31 "Island Girl".
I also saw some amazing boats called Long Island: http://www.longisland.nl/index.cfm?/home_NL_EN Perhaps Gert will share more of his involvement with Long Island.

On top of this, he both picked me up from and drove me back to the airport.

Gert - Many thanks again!

You all are more then welcome , whenever you are here . !!

I was honored by your visit Ian !
All the best with you and youre family moving back to the states .

Gert

Ian.
Women are like boats ,the older they get , the more money and professional help they need to look beautiful.
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

MarkS wrote:
Ian did you scope out my future bedroom? He will adopt me it's just a matter of time! Very cool thanks for sharing!

Mark , youre room is ready !! :)

The forms are in the mail !

Gert
Too funny my friend! I'll keep an eye on the post office box! :)
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Gert,
The Long Island boats are really nice looking craft, your flotilla looks like the Dutch Navy in miniature attacking the local pubs. Keep up the beautiful workmanship. Do you want to buy a 1961 express cruiser she'd look great along side the 31 FB and the 25. Nice web pages.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Gert van Leest

Post by Gert van Leest »

Pete Fallon wrote:Gert,
The Long Island boats are really nice looking craft, your flotilla looks like the Dutch Navy in miniature attacking the local pubs. Keep up the beautiful workmanship. Do you want to buy a 1961 express cruiser she'd look great along side the 31 FB and the 25. Nice web pages.
Pete Fallon
Pete I would love to , but so far the boys and me have 14 floating objects , and 3 ice boats.it is gotta stop somewere......

Gert