Engine Mounts

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Major

Engine Mounts

Post by Major »

I was looking into some replacement engine mounts for the cummins 4BT and was curious how the aftermarket world is on mounts. Is it worth looking into anything else other than just a new set of Cummins mounts? I am making a stand for them out of the boat and need some mounts for that and the boat. I dont mind using something cheap for the stand but want something that will hold up for the boat. Do any of you have any thoughts on the two applications. I even thought about mounting the engines directly to wood on the stand application but knowing the 4bt isnt a smooth engine dont know if thats the best idea.
Tony Meola

Re: Engine Mounts

Post by Tony Meola »

If you take a look in the tips section you will see the custom mounts that have been fabricated out of aluminum for boats such as Buddy Boy etc. That might be your best bet.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Marlin

Post by Marlin »

Don't go cheap on the towers and mounts, bigger is better, u will be really upset when your engine alignment is an issue and you have to go to a physical therapist to learn how to bend over to get to the forward port motor mount to make the adjustment or cut a hole in the bulkhead to get to the forward port motor mount ,followed capt pats design and glad of it
scot

Post by scot »

Barry Controls is hard to beat for engine mounts. Very HD and plenty of adjustment.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0