2013 Rendezvous Greenport Aug 234

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

tjhartsr

2013 Rendezvous Greenport Aug 234

Post by tjhartsr »

morning all,

I guess ill be taking the helm for Greenport at least as far as the arrangements for our planned parties friday and Saturday .The town had requirements for insurance and with the cost of the tent and insurance of over $1000 i think we should pass on that . ,i have made arrangements with a friend ALDOS COFFEE to have the two events on his Back patio.Its alittle quaint but we will be able set it up for a nice affair.His store is right behind the marina office .It will cost something but it should work out fine.

I would like to do our welcoming party friday afternoon around 5 pm and i will get the clam/oyster bar set up . It will be a pot luck again ,so bring what suites you and Byob. Im going to ask bob Fiorsi to handle the Auctions stuff as he we spoke yesterday. I have not talked to Brewster but im sure that the lobster fest for sat will continue as prior years.

I have started to get a list of folks coming so this is what i have so far.Shearwater 2 ,bob lico 6 ,bertramp,Westwater bob h and family,harry babb,pete palmeria 6 plus children,John/whaler2,capt pat ,harv,brewster,neil and family,Mark? white bear,Rumrunner and crew,Dug? and bob Firiosi,Walter.Sorry about the spelling.Im sure there are more coming so just post .Make your arrangements for the marina asap.if you have not done so.

Looking forward to seeing you all again .hope for good weather.PS Walter we are all thinking of you . In regard to the tee shirts i see that Bertramp might jump it .Let us know Bertramp ? Capt pat Please Highlight this post so we can use it as the official Blog for the renezvous. If you do that?

thanks tom hart
neil

Re: 2013 Rendezvous Greenport Aug 234

Post by neil »

we will be there on thurs weather permitting i can help ya fri
tjhartsr

Post by tjhartsr »

great neil.hope for calm seas and no flotsum or the rest of the new jersey coastal some where in the atlantic.
bobfioresi

Post by bobfioresi »

I just made my reservation on sat for aug 2%3 and the girl I talked to said i'm the 4th boat registered.SHeawater,BAHIA MOON< PHOENIX< AND ME FRAYED KNOT>The no for reservations is 631 477 2200.please call asap to make your res as it is getting close I will post the gifts that we have very soon so that you can take a chance on anything you like and all proceeds go to the site LOOK in your garages, bilges, and see what you'd like to donate so we can get some money to support our site if doesn't have to be new. just something that can be used on our boats You can send it or them to my home or send a picture and i'll posr it and people can bid on them. I can mail them or if you send a picture. you can mail it. WE NEED SOME PRIZES TO RAFFLE AS WE NEED TO SUPPORT THE SITE> SEND TO BOB FIORESI 107 MONROE DR PO BOX 1471 MONTAUK. N Y 11954 PUT both addresses on the package or it won't get here. Please look asap as we are running out of time P S YOU DON"t HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN ANY QUESTIONS> PLEASE CALL ME BOB 631 965 3941 That's me cell no
bobfioresi

Post by bobfioresi »

tom please m m give me a call lost your no my cell phone went ?????? home no 631 668 4064 I made my res on sat and the girl said I was the 4th boat is that right I made a post again asking for merchandise donations as I only have 4 so far i'll put them on the site soon thanx
bobfioresi

Post by bobfioresi »

anyone wanting to send a picture of an item they wish to donate can fax it to me at -631-668 4064 please call first to alert us that your sending it as the no# is also our home no thanx
tjhartsr

Post by tjhartsr »

fyi . the lobster feast on sat evening is per brewster $35 dollars cash or check to brewsters seafood buy sat 2 pm
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Its 35.00 per person. 1 1/2 pound lobster,6 shrimp,1/4# clams,1/4# mussels,1/4 steamers, corn and potato. I need the order and money by 2pm Sat. Checks to Brewsters Seafood Market or cash.

Last edited
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

I would like to see some kind of list of what every body is bringing for Friday night welcome party.i am bringing Bluecraw crabs my son and wife are bringing a large cheesecake and dauther wants to bring platter just needs to know what others are bringing so no duplication.
Marine weather is fantastic for you guys coming from NJ . Seas will be two to three foot slow rollers from Southwest. O% chance of rain perfect weather friday,saturday and sunday .Maybe stop by the Coinbra wreck troll for 10 minutes and bring a bluefin tuna to party i am sure we have someone to cut it up,even have correct rice in town.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
neil

Post by neil »

We are not stopping on the way up there we will be there thurs, but hopefully we will have a loin tomorrow night JP is out right now
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Love to have some at Friday party.tough to put in a day tuna trolling and show up Friday afternoon.keep in tough.
Brother bob
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

I'm still iffy on Friday. Shannon couldn't get off which means I'd have to manage a 4 and 1 year old around the dock solo. May just see you guys Saturday morning.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Mom H. will have some shrimp paella for the Friday night chow down. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
tjhartsr

Post by tjhartsr »

i dont really have a list of food being brought but ,we will have the area set up right at the marina just behind where we had the tent set up last year. its ALDOS coffee shop deck in back . neil will look for you coming thursday..
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Excellent bob as usual
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
gplume

Post by gplume »

Giff & Krys......shrimp cocktail.
Giff
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

A good time had by all !!
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Without a doubt Steve!
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Photos for those that couldnt join??!!
Harry Woods

Post by Harry Woods »

Tom,
You did a great job of putting the event in place. Look forward to next year.
Harry
bobfioresi

Post by bobfioresi »

WOW!!!!!!!! Friday nites feast was outstanding.the food and company was great .the contriburors of the food have my compliments. it was great. Saturdays lobster feast was wonderful. thank you Brewster. the shrimp, mussels,corn clams and lobster were outstanding. I think everyone had a great time and the company was wonderful, THANK YOU TOM FOR MAKING THE ARRANGEMENTS and the follow thru. also thank you everyone for helping and cleaning up after the festivities. PS thanx to toms wife for all her help
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

and Neil ... ya gotta get a more up to date picture !! ... that "little kid" in the picture on here aint that little any more !!
Mom and Dad you're going a great job !!
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
gplume

Post by gplume »

Tom-

Thanks for all of your efforts. Had a great time. Great food, good people...and the best boats ever built, what could be better.

Some pix to highlight the event;

Giff
tjhartsr

Post by tjhartsr »

thanks giff good seeing you all again.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Just got back a long vacation by boat cover 188 miles mostly gardener s bay,orient point,shelter island . The new 1000 watt transducer loves that 40' to 90' depth of the water out east goes haywire in 3.5" dept of some of south shore bays! Everybody had a great time at rendezvous ,great people having a fun time. Learn another lesson from the " fishing expert" wow --------when you have a mean mako at boat side empty a bottle of rum around his gills before attempting to bring him in boat!. Worth the trip just to hear bluefin tuna techniques.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473