Starter Relay Cummins

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

conchy joe

Starter Relay Cummins

Post by conchy joe »

All right, the diesel repower project is on the home stretch. I made a couple of partial power test runs up to 1800 rpm in the ICW and each one has had its abrupt end.

I am happy that I have 50 PSI of oil pressure at idle with a hot motors. There is no smoke at idle or partial plane.

I trashed a new impeller and I caught the engine getting hot, not a problem, but I had to install a major water pump rebuild kit as the bearings were shot. Next time out the idler pulley assembly loosened throwing off the belt and the engine began running hot. Fixed that and the next time out the rear main freeze plug blew out and sent coolant all over my ankle (not fun, 2nd degree burns.) Fixed that, warming the motor up at the dock and one of the tranny cooler lines developed a pin hole leak and sprayed oil everywhere. Fixed that.

Still could not figure out tach signal on one alternator and gave up, installed a flywheel sensor, works like a charm.

Tomorrow I plan on doing a series of mid power runs to see what else happens. Wish me luck!!!

The Cummins 4BT's seem solid, happy so far.
Troy & Daria

28 Bertram FBC, 3.9 Cummin BT's

Conchy Joe "ITS THE BOAT'S NAME, NOT MINE" -
Hypoluxo Point, FL
jrhaszard

Re: Starter Relay Cummins

Post by jrhaszard »

COOL ! Good Luck
BERG1847M80F