Refrigerator for 1985 30 Flybridge Cruiser

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Kim

Refrigerator for 1985 30 Flybridge Cruiser

Post by Kim »

We have a 1985 30 Fly bridge Cruiser. The old refrigerator was rusty and not functioning so we took it apart and removed it. Our dilemma now is getting a replacement. It seems the refrigerators that will fit nicely in the vacant space will not fit through the doorways into the galley. Has anyone solved this problem and successfully replaced the refrigerator?
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Re: Refrigerator for 1985 30 Flybridge Cruiser

Post by mike ohlstein »

Remove the compressor from the fridge and it should fit through the front window.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Usually you can remove the door of the refrigerator, if that helps. Also removal of the door on the boat. One of the distinct advantages of the Sportsfisherman model.The original boats did not come with a fridge so someone was able to get it in there. Call Norcold for advice. Mike is right, I have heard of others passing it through the front window.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Mike is spot on. In fact, my greatest fear for of glassing in the front windshield is that when, not if, my fridge dies, I will not be able to get another in. But I guess at that point it will be cooler centric situation. I use my fridge all summer long...

But yes, it goes in and out the windshield.

Dug
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Actually the B30, a Napier design, doesn't have the window configuration of the B31. They are fixed rather than being able to open or easily removed. However the glass could be removed and re-glazed...

Br,

Patrick

Molon labe