Great South Bay Spring Fling!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

PeterPalmieri

Great South Bay Spring Fling!

Post by PeterPalmieri »

So I'd like to make something happen in the spring, just a day event for the locals not to interfere with the NE rendezvous. Post Sandy I think we can all look forward to get something happening early in the season.

Can we start with a roll call, I'm thinking Charlie J to the west in Freeport and Bob Lico to the east in Oakdale. Captbone, Ed Curry, Dick Dean, Craig Mac, not gonna try to name everyone so please speak up. Maybe Brewster, Harv and others that are more then a 40 minute boat ride can drive in and hop on a boat.

We can meet for a Saturday or Sunday breakfast maybe Frank and Dicks if they're operational or one of the state channel beaches. Tobay, Gilgo, Cedar beach or hemlock cove. The idea would be to just gather those that are within about 30-40 minute boat ride, have breakfast and/or lunch. Hang out and chew the fat, can either be a family event or just the guys.

We can also hunt down some of the 31 owners not active on the site and of course non bertram owners that frequent the site.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Brewster Minton

Re: Great South Bay Spring Fling!

Post by Brewster Minton »

Im in.
Ed Curry

Post by Ed Curry »

I'm in.
Don't lend a hand to raise a flag aboard a ship of fools!
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

me to,
1968 hull # 316 - 757
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Absolutely!!!!!!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
White Bear

Post by White Bear »

Great idea - I'll be there.
captbone

Post by captbone »

We can meet at the new Bellport Inlet. Lol.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-out ... sandy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Will try to make this and also try to help get it going. My dad will be bringing his 31 up from Florida this summer since his 32 Blackfin was destroyed in the storm. So we may attend in an actual 31!
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

What happened to the three Js?

I was out the Friday before the storm and didn't see it on the lift?
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Pete- she was at Jim Ray's shop at the Anchorage in Lindenhurst being refitted over the winter- new engine mounts, lots of updating and improvements. Unfortunately the entire place went up in flames.

I had about a foot and a half on my first floor and the parents had about an inch or so in the house on Peninsula Drive. So far six cars totaled as well. Houses are pulled apart but I got heat back on to the upstairs last Wednesday, so at least it's warm up here!

I am not complaining at all, we'll all be okay, but I know a lot of folks who have lost absolutely everything. We have been doing everything possible to help those other people out.

FOr you machinist guys, the roof blew off on one of the buildings at the shop. We had extreme water damage to several machines, two Matsuura MV-2000 4 axis machining centers (80" x 40" travel), Two Rambaudi twin spindle five axis machines- (80" x 40" travel ), one Okamoto HMC-3000 five axis horizontal (120" x 60" travel), along with a 36" Tsudokoma rotary table, a Bridgeport, and a bunch of three and four jaw chucks for different lathes.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

I did the best I could to help anybody in need. After coming home from Maine I responded to everybody whom lost power and needed generator hook up professionally . Later LIPA wanted license electrical contractor to inspect and get underwriters certificate to anybody in "red area " that is what there inspectors called any homes business
With electrical under water. They will not turn on power without paperwork . I went for four days and did not charge a dime . Phoenix has to pay for all the underwriter certificates.then one bad/good episode a dog was wash out of a yard and ended up on a island in the bay . I took a customers brand new regulator 32' I wish we had a flays boat in yard because when I got to island I had to wade thru freezing water chest high because there was all kind of Debris and could not risk ruining the boat.the got back safely and we found owner but this chill will not leave my body .i dress like in arctic conditions now.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Carl

Post by Carl »

jspiezio wrote:Pete- she was at Jim Ray's shop at the Anchorage in Lindenhurst being refitted over the winter- new engine mounts, lots of updating and improvements. Unfortunately the entire place went up in flames.

I had about a foot and a half on my first floor and the parents had about an inch or so in the house on Peninsula Drive. So far six cars totaled as well. Houses are pulled apart but I got heat back on to the upstairs last Wednesday, so at least it's warm up here!

I am not complaining at all, we'll all be okay, but I know a lot of folks who have lost absolutely everything. We have been doing everything possible to help those other people out.

FOr you machinist guys, the roof blew off on one of the buildings at the shop. We had extreme water damage to several machines, two Matsuura MV-2000 4 axis machining centers (80" x 40" travel), Two Rambaudi twin spindle five axis machines- (80" x 40" travel ), one Okamoto HMC-3000 five axis horizontal (120" x 60" travel), along with a 36" Tsudokoma rotary table, a Bridgeport, and a bunch of three and four jaw chucks for different lathes.

Sounds like you got hit real hard...luckily other then a lack of power for a week and change our business fared very well.
We have nothing similar to your lineup of CNC machines, but if you need something we have...doors open for you to use whatever we have available.
4, -3 axis Mills with rotary 4th's and 5 - 2 axis lathes...plus all manual support equipment.

Friends shop down the block from me got clobbered..., he's a stones throw from that 170' ship you may have seen on TV. the one that ran aground/washed up on the roadway over here in Staten Island. He had a 2-3' feet of water in the shop, basement where all inspection equipment and tooling was kept, completed underwater. Only salvation, was he is all manual and has a staff of electricians among his crew...they pulled all motors, washed, cleaned, dried (baked??), lubed and was able to save just about everything. So glad it was just the house...
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

I'll give it a shot too !
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Russ Pagels

Post by Russ Pagels »

jspiezio , sorry to hear of your loss, I have five Jacobs chucks for lathes, if you can use them ,I can ship the up to you>>>russ
1972 31 FBC 315-141-1226

All that is necessary for evil to succeed
is that good men do nothing.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I have a 3 phase Bridgeport that isn't doing anything. If you need it, it's here on the north shore.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

I sincerely appreciate the fact that you guys would even offer to help.
Russ Pagels

Post by Russ Pagels »

you need them there yours, just siting collecting dust...Russ
#34 0-1/2

#3 0-17/32

2 each #6A 0-1/2

6A-33 0-1/2
1972 31 FBC 315-141-1226

All that is necessary for evil to succeed
is that good men do nothing.