The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Just a little advanced notice....

Tomorrow would have been Uncle Vic's birthday. 70, I believe. Hardly a day goes by when I don't find myself conjuring up one of his quotes, his pearls of wisdom. Vic was unique, and I will miss him for all of my days.

Come tomorrow, I will raise a clear drink in Vic's honor. I hope that some of you do too.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Buju

Re: 70

Post by Buju »

I have been absent from the board for a while. Couldn't believe when I read through the threads... Didn't know what to say, still don't.
Never got to meet UV, sure would'a liked to. PM'ed a few times with him in a ploy to exchange my spiny lobsters for his crawfish, almost, but never happened. He was obviously a rare individual who left an impression on everyone he came in contact with in some way. Knowledgable, opinionated, and willing to give you the shirt off his back.
I genuinely think I am a better man than prior for the small amount I saw into UV's world, and how that influenced me. Can only begin to imagine how he effected those who were close.
I sir, will raise a clear now to celebrate UV.
Cheers
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Cheers to Uncle Vic

I also was among the fortunate gentlemen that had the honor of sitting and visiting with Uncle Vic on more than one occasion.

I wish I could have been one of the few that actually attended a UVI.....specifically one at Port Eads

I am certain that the Pearly Gate Hindges received a good shot of Corrosion X as he passed thru.....quite a man he was! !

I will certainly raise a glass in his honor tomorrow.

hb
hb
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Thanks for sharing, Mike. Patrick and I had a conversation about him just yesterday.
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Cheers to UV, I will savor the day...and try to pass on how he lived his life...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

He was kind to call me many times. I was lucky to talk to him. I will lift a glass Thursday. I will cook his ribs in his honor.
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

I sure miss him too and think about him most every day. Can't believe he's gone. I looked and finally found a picture of him in his sailboat I took.

Lightning struck his big VHF antenna on his camp shortly after he died. Blew it to smitherines and knocked the mounting brackets off the camp! Then bounced to a cypress tree and took off the top 20 feet. Did no other damage. Hmmmmmmmmm
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Hmmmmmmmmm
Just Vic's way of sayin' "Don't need that no mo...."

He'll be here for as long as any of us and this sandbox are alive.

Here's to you, UV!
conchy joe

Post by conchy joe »

I never had the honor to meet him, but more than once he responded to a problem I had with the right answer. He's in my thoughts.
Troy & Daria

28 Bertram FBC, 3.9 Cummin BT's

Conchy Joe "ITS THE BOAT'S NAME, NOT MINE" -
Hypoluxo Point, FL
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

We shared the same birthday. Always emailed greetings. Thought of him with a smile.
Damn, no more, "first you make a roux."
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Happy BDay Mikey...Brew I made those UV ribs a while back..man o man those were the BEST ribs I ever had...That was a great day..Took the ol B model to a truck show, had a cold beer with a good friend...Andre...guess UV sent a message through the VHF backwards...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?