Aluminum corrosion in bilge and other redo questions

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tom

Aluminum corrosion in bilge and other redo questions

Post by Tom »

So, I've got my Flowscan system mounted on aluminum brackets. I'm giving my bonding system a facelift and need to address the aluminum corrosion. Do I connect to the copper strap with 8 gauge green and bronze screws, or stainless screws and tefgel or something else.

Also have two thru hulls that the bonding wire is attached with stainless hose clamps as there are no other fittings to attach to. Is this acceptable even though not best case?

Also. My wife will be needing new tits in a few years. Should i go over the top large, say a medium D or stick in the wheelhouse I've known for the last 17 years, a B or small C depending on her mood? Not sure that I'd know what to do with the overage is my concern.
Viva la Presidente!
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Remove the handles from the wife's thru hulls, mount her on an aluminum bracket, and wire her with 8 gauge directly to the gen set.

That should solve the mood swing issue.

If you're still worried about the overage, call for backup.....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

LOL!!! I cannot help with this one!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

I think you need to see-trial a variety of models to see what works with your life style.

Stainless screws to the copper strap is what I did.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Be very careful what you wish for. Be happy with b cup because in a few short years they sag. Not bad in a b cup but anything larger looks matronly in older years. Bigger IS not better cause they all get old sooner or later.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

bob on the plus side when they sag, it takes the wrinkes out of there face. lol
1968 hull # 316 - 757
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Good one Charlie!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hyena Love wrote:I think you need to see-trial a variety of models to see what works with your life style.

Stainless screws to the copper strap is what I did.
My lifestyle entails no more see trials. That kind of stuff will change my life style for sure. Just this morning, I woke up, penis intact and a pot of hot chickory coffee already made. And the day just got better from there.

I spend a day or two in Houston most weeks, the rest where I damn well please. Generally in a bilge somewhere. Any paradigm shift will disrupt the cosmic flow I'm enjoying.
Viva la Presidente!
Ed Curry

Post by Ed Curry »

In my humble opinion,I would let my wife get tits so big I would never look in the bilge again.

What was the first question?
Don't lend a hand to raise a flag aboard a ship of fools!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Tom: To answer your question, I used bronze bolts on mine. If the thru hulls don't have any other attachment points the hose clamps are as good a solution as you will get.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

Look, this is a serious topic, and this is no time for your typical half arse approach.

At a minimum, I would suggest extensive research at the mecca for fake hoots - Las Vegas. I like to stay at the Hard Rock. Get us a suite for at least a week, pool passes, a cabana, and have a limo on call. Also bring a big old pile of folding money because this type of important research is not cheap.

Alternatively, Panama City, and we can get in some fishing as well. Although, I would suggest the quality of the work tends to be considerably better in Vegas. Plus, you are the kinda guy that will appreciate the bottle service at our cabana pool side at the Hard Rock.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Good stuff, Got the bonding stuff done. Feel better about it all, hauling on Monday for Zincs, bottom blast, and prop speed. Tits sometime later.
Viva la Presidente!