Charter boats in Kona Hawaii

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

spencer

Charter boats in Kona Hawaii

Post by spencer »

Heading over in may, would like to get out at least one day.
Anyone with any first hand experience with charter
opunui

Post by opunui »

Welcome, if you make it to Oahu please give us a shout.what are you looking for i.e a charter,a 31 bertram charter or?
------------------------
1977 Bertram FBC 1688 M77L
Allan Childers

Post by Allan Childers »

Opunui,

Do you run charters?

I'll be out there March 21-27th for a friend's wedding in Oahu. I think I got a whole six-pack talked into going fishing...maybe the 22nd or 23rd.

Mahalo,

Allan
Allan C.

P.E.T.A MEMBER
Portagee Euthanizing Terrified Albacore

Hamachi Girl
1981 23' Albacore Special
spencer

Post by spencer »

Opunui,

I will be in Oahu for couple of days prior to going to Kona.
If you do charters would like to orgainize it to get out in Oahu also.

Most of the time will be spent in Kona, so far I was told about Marlin Majic, Stong Persuader, and Sea Genie 2

But local knowledge is best

Thanks for the reply

Spencer
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Marlin Parker runs a nice operation on Marlin Magic -- nice guy too. I haven't fished on the Humdinger with Jeff Fay, however friends have and say he is very good.

My boat of choice is the Northern Lights --- Kelley and Jocelyn Everette set several IGFA records on that boat, including the 30lb pacific blue marlin record of over 1,000lbs - Kevin Nakamura runs it now and raises big fish consistently. How can you go wrong on a 37 Rybovitch? Especially one that is exactly the same age as me -- 50!
opunui

Post by opunui »

Give some lead time..my number is 1-808-479-0550

email.bspry@hawaii.rr.com

confirm dates. remember the weather on our side is usally brisky trades.but some days are really nice. that's why people fish the Kona side.

But please let me know,would love to take you out on "Chasintail". we dont have a fighting chair, we fight from the gunnels or standup you decide.

any questions please ask. big fish are in now with bigger one's on there way. yellow fin tuna,mahi, and ono's with nice size marlin's

Aloha,
Bobby
------------------------
1977 Bertram FBC 1688 M77L
Marshall Mahoney

Post by Marshall Mahoney »

I fished with Scott Pruner twice about 10 years ago. He had a smaller boat back then, but looks like he moved up to a 37 Merrit. He was a hard corp fisherman -- I remember his eye never left the lures. He was a bit high strung/high energy. If I ever get back to Hawaii, I would use him again. Also, I booked directly with him (not thru a charter company) the second time around and saved significant bucks. You can probably do the same with anyone you decide on.

--Marshall