JK, you head South yet?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Greg A.

JK, you head South yet?

Post by Greg A. »

Was wondering if you did, how you made out in the De River. Walked along the shore the other might with the kids, there were trees 60' long and 4-5' diameter floating and along the beach. There is SO much debris from the flooding. The river looked like chocolate milk last week, all the mud. My nephew works on a tug out of Wilm, De. The suck a tree trunk and a telephone pole into the z drives, one after the other shutting them down.

Greg
JK

Post by JK »

Greg,

Planning on heading down this saturday am. While docked at the Lagoon on the Delaware river I couldn't believe all of the debris in the river, and that was just what was coming in and out of the small marina. I've seen telephone poles, trees, 55 gallon drums,etc so we are going to be very careful. I really wanted to get out for a quick cruise last weekend but there was just too much stuff around. Hopefully waiting this long some of the stuff is gone. I'm planning it to leave so we are not going against an incoming tide, aside from not fighting a 3knt tide, maybe it will lessen the chance of running into things.

Are you coming down for a day?

--JK
Greg A.

Probably not...

Post by Greg A. »

I don't think I will make the AC meet this year. I am still trying to get lures together to send to Charlie, Tournament Cable has been taking EVERYTHING I can make! They just made it into the Melton and Finest Kind Catalogs, and have been killing me with orders. As far as AC, I just got an invite to fish in OC, MD with my dad, brother, and nephew. We are going down Thurs, fishing Fri, and coming home Sat.

Good luck on the trip south...Just drove along the river, and it seems to be clearing up over past few days. Will be away this weekend also, or I would keep an eye out for you passing by.

Greg
Doc

Post by Doc »

JK
Where will you be keeping Seanile in Ocean City? I Have Happy Hour back at Holtz's for an oil leak repair (again).
I'll owe you and Ahab a dinner here at my place when things get settled down after AC!
Doc
Doc
JK

Post by JK »

Doc-

She'll be at the same place as 3 summers ago, 2nd and Bay at Harbor House but not on that end dock.

Leaving the house at 6am, heading to the boat and doing the last bit of work before we head for OC. Figure we should leave Philly by 930am and might stop at the Lobster House for a little break and to check everything out again. Should be in OC by mid afternoon if all goes well.

--JK