Well....no one has any comments ??!!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bertramp

Well....no one has any comments ??!!

Post by Bertramp »

No comments on the Superbowl ?? ....... the silence is deafening !!
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

When do they play?
John F.

Post by John F. »

Great game, great win. Its even sweeter when you're 8-7 into the last game of the season, and no one expects the Giants to go anywhere. Just great.
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Next one is down in Uncle Vic's neck of the woods. 2014 will be interesting though, at MetLife Stadium -- had to get special owner's vote for a non-domed stadium where the average February temp is not over 50 degrees.

Great game -- and my favorite team had a wonderful victory!
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

i would but dug would delete it, lol
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

We've learned that comments involving the Patriots don't go over well with a handful of folks. Like poking a hornets nest with a stick.
Face

Post by Face »

And the Redskins swept the Giants this year. Giants got hot late, when it mattered, but overall the NFC east was soft as terry cloth this year.
B.W. Outrage 18
Restoring B28 w/ Cummins 4BT 150's
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Best comedy spot - Great Dane/Doritos;
Best drama spot - Clint Eastwood/Chrysler.
What's all this Giants Patriots stuff. Who are they?
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

We've learned that comments involving the Patriots don't go over well with a handful of folks. Like poking a hornets nest with a stick.
Think the Pats could of won it if they hadn't had the mistakes at the beginning of the game:

* Ball thrown away for a safety
*12 guys on the field

Nice to watch a championship play out down to wire. Great game.

Yeah Giants.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Dug

Post by Dug »

Charlie, I deleted the posts because I had to re-spell some things in the original post, and it took all the others away. Nothing meant otherwise! JP, spot on. Dumb plays lost the game. The Giants out played the Pats. Period. It hurt to watch. I thought I was going to puke afterwards. Congrats to the Giants. They made fewer mistakes. Period. Both teams were in it until the end. How sweet it would have been if Welker had caught the pass, or Hernandez or Gronk in the end zone. But it did not happen that way. Such is life. There is always next year...
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

i knew that would bring you out, lol
it was a great game, one for the books
1968 hull # 316 - 757
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

OK I'll say it..................................Madonna looks like an old baseball mit.

Her moves would have been more limber if she made them from her "Hoveround"!

I couldn't even hum along to any of that crap and I was in my 20's when she was popular!

It feels like "Rocky II" or maybe "Rocky III" or even "Rocky IV"............
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
randall

Post by randall »

as a jets fan i would have only enjoyed this if both teams charter flights crashed into each other on the way there.

OK OK...i went over to the dark side....hey i am a NYer and how can you possibly not like eli. it was a great game. the INT pass was thrown well short...and a few key drops and thats all folks. and since almost all my friends are giants fans a good time was had by all at the local bar.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

the dark side, whow thats more like pitch black
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Randall,

"as a jets fan i would have only enjoyed this if both teams charter flights crashed into each other on the way there. "

Can't tell you how many people I talked too said the same thing.

Wonder if the Jets could pull Joe Willie out of retirement, that might help.

Mark,
We had 14 at our bowl feast yesterday. All the women stayed in the kitchen till the half time and then came over and ooh'd and ahh'd over Madonna and how well she looked.
(most of the real housewife types over had had enough plastic surgery and lifts people mistake their vaginas as trach tube openings)

I agree with you. She looked about as graceful as a one legged pole vaulter.
Camera didn't get to close to show the bondo fills.

And how about the female rapper giving everyone the finger after showing off her baby momma money maker?
Real classy shit right there. No one seems surprised, I wonder why?
ianupton

Post by ianupton »

Bruce - I about spit on my keyboard with the trach tube stoma comment.

My youngest had a trach for 18 months (4 weeks to 18 months) and I know that vision all too well.

Ian.
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Jets fan here. I thought it was a good game and since my wife is a giants fan I happily cheered against the Pats. When they showed the replay of krafts reaction to the last play I felt terrible for him. Not a madonna fan but I thought it was one of the better halftime shows in recent history.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
randall

Post by randall »

skipped the half time show.....real good food and lots of it. anyway.. there's a naked picture of madonna in the bar (age 20) .....so i just ate in front of that.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Bruce wrote:vaginas as trach tube openings)
LOL.....reminds me of a joke

Once long time ago lived a woman who was afraid to grow old. At about age 35 she started a life long relationship with her plastic surgeon.

First it was tummy tuck....then butt tuck followed by breast implants and numerous face lifts.

One day while visiting her surgeon he informed her that he had a new proceedure that would be instant fix for facial wrinkles that popped up unexpectedly.

It was a very simple procedure that involved installing a handle in her hair line that, when turned, it would roll up and lift facial skin to stretch and remove facial wrinkles.

She agreeded and went in for the procedure right away.....and then used it regularly.

For the first few months it was wonderful.....best thing she ever had done.

Then one day she went to her doctor with a couple of complaints one being enormous bags underneath her eyes.

Upon examination the doctor tells her that those are not bags....but in fact they are her boobs.

She pondered for a moment then said to the doctor......well I guess that explains the Goatee then......

hb
hb
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Bradys wife is the latest casualty of the loss. To bad as she stuck up for her husband like any good wife should have done.

She certainly more than some jersey wearing douche bag fan has the right to comment, yet she got toasted by the good fans of NE.

After some jackass Giants fan declared to her that Eli owned her husband, she let it fly. Good for her.

Certainly at that level having the expectation that your receivers actually catch the ball is certainly plausible.

Any given Sunday................
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

You got it Bruce, any give sunday...got to catch em to win...hats off to Giants and Eli...some fine throws when it as on the line...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bruce

I did not see Belicheck go over and congratulate anyone on the Giants. All I saw was him storm off the field with a big puss on.

I have never been a Brady or Gisele fan. I always felt they both have their heads up their -----------.

In any event, what Gisele said was uncalled for. She nocked her husbands team mates. Just not cool and a big no no. I can't wait until one of the linemen just doesn't block for him one time and lets the defense through to nail him.

By the way, Eli doesn't own him, all the Giants own him.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

HArry,
Heard Redd Foxx tell that one eons ago about a guy.
The punchline goes, "If you think that's a dimple in my chin for a real surprise open my shirt collar."
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Gisele could have done many things in response to the comments made to her. The best option was probably to take the high road and say nothing. Rather then stoop down to a few drunk fans level She instead responded by throwing her husbands teammates under the bus.

The safety, tipped pass, balls thrown behind the receivers, Brady didn't have a great game. He's the first to admit it.

Being a public figure she should know better, I don't blame Pats fans for being annoyed.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

That's what comes of making Gods of Quarterbacks. Even their wives sometimes forget, there's a whole team out there keeping him from being sacked.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Tony, you clearly missed Bill hugging the Giants coach. For a long time. They had a good chat, clearly.

You gotta get new glasses! :)
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

If you ever played any sport, at some time you missed that needed foul shot or swung at that full count pitch that was out of the strike zone or dropped that TD pass, but your team-mates don't dog you about it and you don't dog them when they screw up.
Brady's wife may look like a silk purse, but in my book she is a sow's (sp) ear
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Dug wrote:Tony, you clearly missed Bill hugging the Giants coach. For a long time. They had a good chat, clearly.

You gotta get new glasses! :)
Dug

Was it an invisible hug. Maybe they just did not show it down here in NJ
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

I did not see it.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

The pro's are the pro's not high school. Your getting paid millions of dollars a year, catch the freaking ball when it's thrown to you.

Didn't have a dog in this fight anyways. My point was how NE fans were throwing their beloved QB wife under the bus for sticking up for him.

IMO she had a more legitimate reason for commenting than anyone but the players or coaching staff. This is what happens when people who never played sports or failed at it live their pathetic lives thru pro teams and who's indentities are intertwined with their teams wins and losses.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

i saw it, it brought a tear to my eye
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Dug

Post by Dug »

They did show it up here. It made a lot of sense. Bill and Tom go wayyyyy back and word has it are pretty good friends. I am sure Bill wasn't particularly happy, but he did go find Coughlin and congratulate him. And it was not just a pat on the back and run. Look, Bill is a good guy. He is not the antichrist that everyone outside of NE makes him out to be. You can think that if you want, but he is an avid boater, fisherman, and from those who know, an extremely loyal friend. Sounds like a lot of guys on this board to me...
randall

Post by randall »

bruce.....i usually end arguments with over zealous fans by asking which position they play on the team. having played team sports all my life i naturally take an interest in pro sports but geez.......get a life if your recreational life revolves around a sports team.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bruce

Maybe if she had said, Eli might own Tom, but Tom has me, would have shut up a loud mouth. There are just better ways of saying things without insulting others.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Ed Curry

Post by Ed Curry »

Funny part is she lives in New York!
Don't lend a hand to raise a flag aboard a ship of fools!