My Bertram 28 just arrived

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bertram 20

My Bertram 28 just arrived

Post by bertram 20 »

hey guys my 86 bertram 28 FBC arrived tuesday afternoon from S.C in one piece used a guy off of uship and really had no issues i cant beleive how much this thing DWARFS my 68 20 bert BAHIMAR THIS IS GONNA BE LIKE NIGHT AND DAY. I wanted to know if any body can tell me about oversized rudders that may be available for this and who would have this sort of stuff thanks mike
Ed Curry

Post by Ed Curry »

Capt. Patrick sells the rudders and they are a huge improvement over the stock rudders. You will not be able to maneuver the 28 on one engine without the upgrade.
Enjoy the boat my friend, I'm going on my 18th year of stewardship and I still remember the first day at the helm. The only bad part about stepping up in size is how your arms feel after waxing it.
Don't lend a hand to raise a flag aboard a ship of fools!
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

congradulations, capt pat can hook you up with the rudders
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Nice boat Mike...this is the place for all answers Bertram...and you get to meet some great people to boot...enjoy the ride...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
conchy joe

Post by conchy joe »

Congrats. I too am a 28'er. I did the rudder upgrades and all the hype about them does not begin to compare with how they actually perform. We spent three weeks livin on the boat in the Bahamas this summer and because of the large rudders we were able to troll on one motor for 700 miles using the autohelm. (saved alot of fuel and stopped to smell the roses).

Used Capt Pats plans for composite rudder shelves.

Contact me off list for some suggestions and what I would do different.
Troy & Daria

28 Bertram FBC, 3.9 Cummin BT's

Conchy Joe "ITS THE BOAT'S NAME, NOT MINE" -
Hypoluxo Point, FL