Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Charlie J

weather

Post by Charlie J »

dam raining cats and dogs, with thunder and lightning, thank god its not snow
1968 hull # 316 - 757
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Charlie I am exhausted just driving to work. Thankfully no shoveling involved!
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Snow/slush on ground in NorthWestern Connecticut.
Ed Curry

Post by Ed Curry »

I rented a place in Vermont for the winter. I'm patiently waiting for winter to start.
Don't lend a hand to raise a flag aboard a ship of fools!
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

ed
i hope it starts soon for you, in vermont that is
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Ed Curry

Post by Ed Curry »

I'm with ya on that Charlie. I hate snow when it's in my driveway but when the trails get dumped on I'm like a little kid waiting to play in the snow!
Looks like our brothers to the north will be getting a little white stuff this weekend.

For those tired of winter already, pitchers and catchers report in a month.
Don't lend a hand to raise a flag aboard a ship of fools!
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Charlie wrote:thank god its not snow
Charlie
Several years ago I made friends with a guy and his family who just moved here from Iowa.

Shortly after we met I invited him out to a local restrurant for a good ole southern fried catfish dinner.

It just happened that it was raining to beat the band that night. After we got seated in the restrurant I made the statment to Don...."Sorry I got you guys out in all of this rain tonight"

His reply to me was, "At least I don't have to shovel it".....we all chuckled.

hb
hb
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

I lived all my life in NY or New England, except for 3 years in Wash DC right after college. Seven years ago after I semi-retired I moved south, wanting a warmer climate and year round boating.

When people ask me how I knew where I wanted to live after about 55 years in the north I made up this story of half truths....

I tell them my wife and I started driving south on Interstate 95, which ran about 10 miles from my home in MA. Rt 95 goes North/South through a lot of built-up areas with lots of shopping malls and centers. At every Home Depot store we saw we stopped, and I asked the first guy I saw in an orange apron "Do you sell snow blowers here?"

When the first guy asked.. "What the hell is a snow blower?" I started looking for real estate!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Guy's,
I made the move to Florida after shoveling my car out of a snow bank after a Friday night storm, I was supposed to give a talk at a Salt Water Sportsman seminar in Burlington Ma, Saturday at 7:30 AM. After shoveling for an hour, I was done at 6:45AM, looked around and the streets where not even plowed. Luckly they cancelled the seminar, I was on the phone when my wife came down stairs at 9:00AM, she asked who I was talking to, I replyed Delta Airlines, we are booked on a flight on Tuesday morning. Flew down to WPB rented a condo for 4 months and came back in May. I haven't seen a winter since 1994 and don't travel any further North than the Roosevelt Bridge in Stuart in the winter time if I can help it. Snow sucks, cold weather sucks and pot holes ruin your cars front end. It was 78 degrees here today and I worked on my boat in shorts and a tee shirt. For those who enjoy the winter good luck and happy sliding around.
Pete
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61