BlueChart or MapSource

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

jackryan

BlueChart or MapSource

Post by jackryan »

I have a Garmin 2010C GPS and love the unit, but the detailed map stops just east of New Orleans and I am planning on taking Decoy to Pensacola this summer, so I'm looking for the New Orleans to Tampa detailed map chip. I read a bit about the unit and it takes both BlueChart and MapSource memory discs for the detailed maps. Do you guys like one over the other and is there a place you recommend buying these.

Thanks for the help,

JR
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Capt. Jack - I have the same unit and had the same chart until I got the newer one that covers all the way from Brownsville to Key West. on one chip..its the cats meow.

I've fooled with a lot of chart plotters and still think my Garmin 2010C is far and away the best of them all....easy to use, easy for old eyes to see, can always back out of a screw-up and the black box sounder works great for short money even iwth a shoot-thru-the hull ducer.

UV
Eddy G

Post by Eddy G »

Jack,
I have the NO to Tampa BlueChart and it has all the detail you could ever need. That same chart works for me in Venice, Port Eads and on out from there.
Eddy G.
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Jack,

The first G2 Bluechart I had from Garmin was a 2007, NO to Tampa card for my 540 unit and it worked fine anywhere from Venice to the Lumps South to Tampa.

Then I bought a 441 unit for the Tower and found another G2 card on Ebay that covered the whole GOM for cheap. I used my first SD card in the 441 unit for the Tower and use the large G2 SD card for the 540 unit in the bridge unit.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!