Cabo October 2011

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JohnCranston

Cabo October 2011

Post by JohnCranston »

Pam Here!

I finally had an opportunity to put a couple of pictures on the Bertram board from the trip to Cabo this year. This is the third year that we have participated in the Black & Green Tournament; fishing with Danny & Laurie McKinney, and there was a very large turn out.

Mark Stange has been instumental in organizing this event; though he and Lehanne could not make it this year; all that he does is greatly appreciated.

Tuna trip out to the Hemi Bank (spelling) - Total Tuna for week "60"

http://s403.photobucket.com/albums/pp11 ... 811162.jpg

We think this is the same Striped from a previous year - the bill is bent

http://s403.photobucket.com/albums/pp11 ... 811154.jpg

Weather & fishing were great! Total filets back to the States 350; Crew and orphange also received filets.

Pam
Last edited by JohnCranston on Dec 5th, '11, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Looks like you guys did very well.

Hope you had Tuna for supper that night! ! !

hb
hb
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

I love the first shot! 3 fish in a row. :)
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Mark,
I know where you're going with this one...the one in the middle...blow fish? sucker?or clown fish? The joke's on you! I beat ya to the punch line! ha ha
ha ha ha I'm such a funny guy! ha ha ha...Eat me, Mark.
John.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

The father of one of my old hunting/fishing buddy's used to go on a number of trips with us every year. He was a crotchity old bastard and when he got on my nerves I used to tell him, "When you die I hope you come back as a swallow!"

-M

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Nice job John...Saw a bunch of deer piled up as well in that photobucket...a man after my own heart, tuna n whitetails...like the cleaning table for the deer, neat idea...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Mark wrote:"When you die I hope you come back as a swallow!"
My brother tells me to stick my head up my a$$ and swallow really hard....LOL

I always tell him that I hope to die before he does......he ask why....I tell him that I don't want to be ugliest grouchy guy on earth

You guys are funny....actually made me smile

hb
hb
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Harry this one will tickle your inards.

We have a cheese, sausage and liqour store her in my town by the name of "The Bleu Cheese house." The proprieter goes by the nickname of "Cheesie Bob" and quite frankly hardley anyone knows his real name.

A few years back he gave away bumper stickers, "I Love Cheesie Bob's Bleu Cheese House" and I got my hands on a mitt full of them. With a little creative adjustment I slightly altered the stickers and placed one on my buddy's pickup bumper. My buddy who was the lucky recipient of this bumper sticker was at one point in his life one of those people you just try not to irritate, built silos for a living and busted concrete by hand, etc, etc.

He didn't notice it on his truck for about three weeks but did mention to me as he had me pinned down with his hands around my throat that he wondered why people would pass him and stare into the cab at him as they passed.

It still comes up in conversation and occasionally I will here people I don't even know discussing it at a restaurant or in a bar. The "I Bleu Cheesie Bob" bumper sticker has become well know in these parts!