Flo Scans

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

jrhaszard

Flo Scans

Post by jrhaszard »

I have a fuel computer to install in my old Cessna 180.I would like to explore the possibility of doing the same for the B-31.Does anyone recommend a certain brand,flo-scan etc? How about info on the costs,installation and utility.It may be more than I can afford.I replaced the sending unit when I had the fuel cleaned because the old one looked too cruddy to reinstall but now of course I am having trouble getting it set to read accurately.I should have let well enough alone.Like many other things in my life,Especially that time with the snake and then that red haired girl.Both painful and very expensive.
BERG1847M80F
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

The FloScans are great. Took me 20 hours to put them in.( I was dropped many times as a child). They tell you alot about what the engine is doing.
Rocky

Re: Flo Scans

Post by Rocky »

jrhaszard wrote:.Like many other things in my life,Especially that time with the snake and then that red haired girl.Both painful and very expensive.
Ouch. I guess you have to ask yourself, was it worth it!
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Redheads are just trouble. Better off with the snake.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

John,
I was a distributor for flowscan and they can be bought directly from flowscan for 35% off list.
They have 3 models that would work for you. Analog gauge, digital that includes hours, tach, fuel totalizer and burn rate. They also gave a digital with gps connection for mpg.
Look it up on their web site or call Ray.
For Cummins you'll need the high flow system.
BTW there is a procedure for calibrating the system even when just replacing parts that has to be followed or chances are it will read wrong.
Almost positive you can download the PDF file from flowscans web site.
If you have any questions, I'll be at Pats from this afternoon thru wed call me at his place as cell phone service is kinda sketchy there.
Sitting in Lafayette La typing this.
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

Love the Floscans. Ran them on my gas boat, and I run them now.

In the gasser days, they would say 151 burned, and the fill up was 148 to 153, depending on how the boot was sitting. Further, you could see the fuel burn numbers change during a run and immediately know, hey something is amiss.
Goodgrief

Post by Goodgrief »

Love my flo-scan 9000 series. Tack, fuel burn, and gpm! What a great tool to find the " sweet spot " and engine condition.
ianupton

Post by ianupton »

With the newer gas and I suppose diesel engines that have fuel consumption numbers, is there any benefit or is this strictly for non-computer controlled engines?

Ian.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

You'll have to check with floscan and see now far they've come with the direct interface. I know they can monitor some systems without the use of flow sensors. But it's been a few years since I was last involved with them.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Confirmation on the redheads. I married one.
End of story.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein