racor fuel filter indicator

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Ric

racor fuel filter indicator

Post by Ric »

While at the palm beach boat show last march or april i stopped at an offshoot algae X booth and met the guy who sold U.V and myself our algae X filters 10 years ago in lauderdale..He had developed his own filter in varying sizes and it was like a torpedo and the difference was the fuel went thru the magnetic field and not arround it like ouroriginal filters,,swears up and down it is a much better product.,.,he remembered you U.V 10 years later,.,.,.
,,by the way i saw detroit or maybe cummins not sure which but thier engines are sold from factory with algae x filters right out of the crate.,.,.,.,.,.,.
,,,,,,i also saw a racor fuel filter upgrade.,.,.i have series 500 racor fuel filters,,and the broze T handle on the top that tightens the cover down and seals it,,,can be replaced with annother bronze t with a pop up indicator telling you exactly when your fue filter cartridge shoukld be changed.,.,I never saw that before and was wondering if anybody has seen it and has had any experience using it..I change my cartridges with oil changes every 50 hours.,.,but the idea of an visual indicator would be nice.,.,the only downside was that it added maybe 3inches of height and if your racors are high on the forward bulkhead it might be tight to the underside of the motor cover.,.,.,.,.anybody have the fuel filter indicator and how good was it.,.,..
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Ric: I have seen the vacuum gauges for the Racors but not a pop up indicator.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Ric

Post by Ric »

might have been a vacuum .,.,changes color?.,.,and the color change is the indication
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Maybe like the diesel airbreather vacuum indicators?
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31