The importance of fundraisers

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

The importance of fundraisers

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Faithful - I write to insure that we all are aware that this site - our beloved "sandbox" - is a totally non-commercial labor of love conceived, owned, and operated by Capt. Patrick McCrary for our benefit and pleasure. It is only suppored by our donations to him. There is no advertising revenue, no dues, or other sources of income to support our site.

Patrick would never ask any of us for money - he's just not that kind of guy. But he's now retired and pretty much just lives on social security. He bears the expense of operating this site out of his own pocket. Many of us have financially supported the site over the past eleven years but there are a lot of new Faithful here now that may not realize that our donations are critical to this site reemaining open and free.

Each and every one of us that frequents this sandbox is morally obligated to send Patrick some money to support the site. Its as simple as that - the value we all get , both financially in huge savings of avoiding screw-ups, and the pure laughs DEMANDS that we put our money where our keyboard is.

Just sit down and write a check payable to "Patrick McCrary" and mail it - how about including a note from you thanking him for what he does for us? - to him at 834 Scott Dr., Llano, TX 78643....or stuff some green money in an envelope and send it. No credit cards, no PayPal, its not a commercial venture. Many of us send $100 or more, but anything will help.

Again, its our moral obligation to support the sandbox. So do it, and do it right now so you can participate here with a clear conscience.

UV

Please Donate in order to keep our site ad and subscription free!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Well stated Uncle Vic! I'm on my third B-31, and half the fun of ownership is learning from and hanging out (on line) with Capt. Patrick, Bruce, and all you guys. The knowledge gained here and the friends that have developed as a result of Bertram31.com are invaluable. I can assure everyone that the money and time that I've saved as a result of this site is many times over what I've contributed. Then add all of you guys that I've met in person through boat shows and rendezvous, well, you get the picture!
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

well said as always uv
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Communicated with Patrick by email and phone on Dreamsicle when I first bought her, then met and spent time with this amazing guy at a few UVI's. If you haven't had the privilege of conversation or collaboration with him you surely must surmise that we are in the presence of greatness when you see his work and read the words of those of us who struggle to do the same thing as we become effusive in our praise of his accomplishments.
Patrick loves what he does and he is damn good at it. How rare. He also loves us and working with us. Am I embarrassing you, Capt.? Suck it up, Pal it's all true.
O.K. Pat, now's the time you hide your eyes.
In the past we have talked here in the sandbox about $100 annually as the minimum and that's what has been it forever. But looking at what he gives voluntarily without a concern for what it costs him and considering our investment in our big toy and what he has contributed to her I think it's time we talked a bigger minimum.
What do the Faithful think?
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
tunawish

Post by tunawish »

I absolutely agree..

I've only been here for a few years and though I don't have a 31 my 20 is coming along .. I've saved many hours of searching for products and methods that are all available on this site, either by asking you guys or referring to Capt Pat's excellent building tips section..

The friendship extended by all to one another is a plus that I've never seen or heard about on any other site.. All due to Capt. Pat...

Hell the laughs alone are worth at least a $100.00 ..

Ray
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

UV:

For a lawyer, you sure know how to state the obvious with clarity and brevity. Isn't that a counter-indication of your profession?

Yo frien,

Tom
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

TailhookTom wrote:UV:

For a lawyer, you sure know how to state the obvious with clarity and brevity. Isn't that a counter-indication of your profession?

Yo frien,

Tom

A lawyer AND a sailor to boot.
Gert van Leest

Re: The importance of fundraisers

Post by Gert van Leest »

I am in !!
Women are like boats ,the older they get , the more money and professional help they need to look beautiful.
Terry Frank

Post by Terry Frank »

OK Captain, How much is left settle the donations for the year. Caught some shit fro Lin about the dollars needed. What do we,need to meet the goal
Happy to be here. Happy to be anywhere.

Terry
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Thank you Terry, we're 235 shy...

Best regards,

Patrick
Stevewilliamson3

Post by Stevewilliamson3 »

Hey from texas, New here and i really like this post
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Welcome aboard! Unfortunately Uncle Vic, Cat. pat and Terry Frank have all gone to the happy fishing hole in the sky. We have agreat group of guys on here that will help you with anything you may need. Rawleigh
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31