Licence no more!!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Ill conceived, poorly executed, impossible to enforce on the East end. They collected $450 from each charter boat captain for 2 years. You can bet your life they'll never give that back.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

last week i went into a local shop, i said ill take the life time licence he said no problem but the dec will not accept credit cards, well did i have a few choise words for him and the dec. ok give me $10.00 worth. after giving me my licence i asked again, your telling me that the dec will not accept credit cards for life licences, he said no its just that we dont make any money off of credit cards. found out later one of the part time workers is a dec , guess ill be stopped a few times this year.
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

on the same note, i did not mind having to pay for the licence, do to the fact that the state said all fund will be going to the dec and conversation, then they did a fast switch and threw all the money into the general fund, and again left the dec short.
1968 hull # 316 - 757
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Part of my comment of ill conceived (and not thought out at all) revolved around the fact that if I bought a $450 license, I personally was not covered if I fished on my skiff or waded on a flat. When I purchased a $10 one at the East Hampton Town Hall, they wanted my driver's license. They would not sell my wife one because she wasn't carrying her driver's license, even though all our tax and residency information was right at their fingertips in their computer. Lastly, East Hampton Town Hall closes on Fridays at 4:30 pm and doesn't open again till Monday. The ONLY place (and only one) anyone could buy a license was Montauk's Johnny's Tackle Shop, a 40 mi round trip from East Hampton.
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Not to fret, Charlie. Come a little east OR maybe wait a little 'til Harv gets launched in 2013
A/K/A El Gaupo
Harv

Post by Harv »

Capt Dick Dean wrote:Not to fret, Charlie. Come a little east OR maybe wait a little 'til Harv gets launched in 2013
Very optimistic Dick. Just bought the house, have many repairs to dobefore I can even rent it out. Then comes my car, and then the boat. I have to clear out the garage where I keep my other car, so I might as well finally restore that.
Harv
Carl

Post by Carl »

My guess is by the time they get around to refunding my money for the Lifetime license, they will have figured out how to implement a new Fishing License Correctly.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Harv wrote: Very optimistic Dick. Just bought the house, have many repairs to dobefore I can even rent it out. Then comes my car, and then the boat. I have to clear out the garage where I keep my other car, so I might as well finally restore that.
Harv, with that list you will never get the boat in the water.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315