Stir it up NFL

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Stir it up NFL

Post by MarkS »

I have a good feeling we may have a New York Jets vs. Green Bay Packers super bowl this year. The Packers have the best quarterback of the remaining NFC teams and Rex Ryan is a sneaky shit!

Could be interesting!

Packers should have beaten Atlanta at home last time without a running game. They now have one which makes them extremely tough down the road.

Atlanta would be their only hurdle as Seattle is just not enough and the Bears still and always will suck. The Packers have beat the bears in their house like 8 out of the last 10 visits. We think of it as Lambeau south.

The Ravens looked tough yesterday but are soft in some important areas going down the stretch, defense not being one of them. This will keep them in the Pittsburg game and give them the win.

The Pats are already creating a space in the trophy room for the 2011 Lombardi which makes them both wrong and losers.

The Jets match up way too well against the Ravens, however Sanchez needs to improve his play to get the job done.

Super Bowl Green Bay 31 New York 24

:) A guy can dream right?
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

No way the Packers should have won that game yesterday cept for the fact the Eagles apparently are suffering from the same mass bird kill as what happened in Arkansas.

Pro bowl kicker missing two and multiple red zone failures and catchers not paying attention to where their feet are? High school amatures at best yesterday. Hell even the Fins could have beaten the Eagles.

Andy Reid has coached the Eagles like he's raised his sons. It doesn't matter how many post season appearances or bowl appearances you have if you can't convert them to a ring.

Second place is still first loser, time to go Andy.
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

[quote="Bruce"] Hell even the Fins could have beaten the Eagles.

Maybe on the road, but definitely not at home !!
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Dug

Post by Dug »

No Pats fan I know is even remotely considering them a shoe in. Some of the teams in the playoffs are really great teams. The packers being one of them! I do think they may have a presence in the Superbowl.

As for Jets/Pats, we'll see this weekend. But I wouldn't write the Pats off.

Are they good? Yes. Very. There will always be haters, and sometimes I find it tough to understand, but hey, we all have opinions.

Is it a guarantee? Nothings a guarantee until its done.

Dug
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

The Frozen Bay Peckers vs. The Trippers. My bookie say it be'z a lock.

UV
matt ciarpella

Post by matt ciarpella »

Ravens have played close to the vest for the last four weeks and for good reason. Yesterday was a glimpes for what they have waiting for the Steelers and the Jets. Hell, and for Tom Brady too.

Sanchez improve his play? Too late. They were lucky to be in the game at 10-9 against us. My man Flacco did his improving all year since.

Sorry fellas I see Super Bowl Rings in Baltimore.
randall

Post by randall »

the jets could be called lucky a few times this year but the fact remains sanchez made a bunch of great final drives to win.....including against the colts. in game one they were called for 3 or 4 completely bogus offensive pass interference penalties......then none for the rest of the year. and after a zillion penalties they still only lost by a point.

any given sunday...hell, they have about as much of a chance of beating the 14-2 pats as the giants had of beating the 18-0 pats.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Jets will win. The Pats and their fans think they cant lose. Thats the kiss of death.
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Hey everybody gets tired of a continuous winner. The vast majoity of the populace can not stand the Yankees, the same goes for the Cowboys, and the Lakers.

Distane for the Pats grows as well, though not as much with the lack of a mouth on the team.

Case in point Steinbrenner was an ass (at least that is the way all the non lovers saw him) Dig Billy Martin up and ask him! The Al Davis of baseball although Al is too seanile and feeble to even know who his coach is these days.

Michael Irvin, an ass.

Kobey Bryant a rich rapest ass.

It's the biggest reason the Aint's were such a breath of fresh air last year. Gimme the Jets, or even if it has to be the Ravens. Screw the Steelers and the Pats.

I wouldn't even mind the dirty birds if the Packers don't go. Seattle is just to weak and the Bears screwed it up against Pittsburgh a few years back so give me some fresh meat!

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
killa

nfl

Post by killa »

Your heart was not made for betting.Go patssss. Jets QB will be future talent but not ready for what Bill is going to throw at him.I understand what it is like to hate YANKEES SUCK,but u hatters need 2 take a good look at Brady this is a man posesed.
randall

Post by randall »

i agree....brady is on an all time run. but the beauty of football is that no player can do it himself. can the jets keep him on the bench like they did manning.....doubt it.

but thats why they play the game...look at the tape from week two.

(dont bother to explain the differences, lack of moss....i get it)
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Killa,
I don't hate the Pats, just tired of the same old same old. You can't argue with talent!

I forgot to mention;

Deion Sanders and Jerry Jones. Jack and Ass.

:) Just a little Tuesday AM smack!

PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

JETS and Yankee fan here.

Re: Jets vs Pats

Everyone can talk and say all they want and it will have no effect on the game. It is clear who has been the better team this season, none of that matters, let's see who the better team is on Sunday!
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Dug

Post by Dug »

Peter,

Exactly! And it will be fun to watch! One team or the other will not be left wanting. And Sexy Rexy is shootin' off his mouth just like Randall predicted! :)

I am not sure the Cowboys could go to the win column for quite a while. And correct, Jerry Jones is not only an ass but an idiot! :)

Anyway, its all in good fun. Can't argue the record. And not all Pats fans consider it a done deal. And I will pretty much assure all that the Patriots don't consider it that. One game at a time. I am not sure Brady is doing it himself Randall. Ben JarvisGreenEllis rushed for over 1000 yards this season, so the running game is present, and you have Welker, Woodhead, and a whole host of other players who are making it happen as part of the team.

It sure does help here at work. All here are familiar with the Pats, and talking about teamwork, no I in team etc., really does make a difference when the Patriot way is discussed. People do understand it here.

D
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Dug,
True the Cowpies are hurtin fer certain these days which is a pleasure to observe. But you don't have to recall too far back to remember every Sunday when they were the late game and Summerall and Madden, TV's "A Team" announcers would be on that game. The constant ramming down your throat, "Americas team" crap gets old way fast.

When Jerry Jones looks pissed, thats when I light up!! Open up a single malt and have a few..................

I'm just tickled shitless to still be in the hunt and able to sit up and smack it around, Next week,.............maybe not so much?

:)

Near the end of the Summerall/Madden gig it may have been they were the only player names those two could remember!

PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Dug,

Not many people realize just how calculated Rex is. His MO is to take the heat and pressure off of his players and coaches and put it on himself.

All the talk was it's personal with Peyton the media was all over that and left his players alone all week.

Yesterday on ESPN radio during his weekly radio spot he went into how this Sunday will come down to if he can out coach Belichick. That will determine if we can win or not. A little bulletin board material about how Brady is not as well prepared as Peyton.

All of this takes the heat off his players during the interview his controversial comments kept the interviewers from even asking about Sanchez's poor play against the colts.

My point is he wants everyone to think he's just a dumb loud mouth, when there is actually a more calculated method behind it.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Never thought him a loudmouth. He is a decent coach. He is a hell of a motivator. He has his hands full with an organization that is pretty challenging at times given all the harrassment stuff etc. and what it shows.

Now, if you want to talk about someone or something in the NFL that I am entirely sick of? Favre...
randall

Post by randall »

dug...that was my point. no player can do it by himself. if it was just the QB the pats would never lose (well, almost never) and the jets would be a 500 team.
killa

nfl

Post by killa »

Come on peter rex is a ass Shut his mouth stop motivating the pat & bill it can only hurt not help.Drink the KOOLAID in Bill we trust
randall

Post by randall »

rex is a sideshow...BUT..this is the first time the jets have gone to the playoffs two years in a row and rookie average QB has won the most playoff games in jets history. more than namath (2-1).
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Hey killa,
Do you know if anyone has any pictures of Bill with a smile on his face or for that matter any emotional expressions?

I know it has no effect on his coaching abilities but, what a beige turd!

killa

nfl

Post by killa »

Saw Bill smile once ,but it might be gas.
randall

Post by randall »

i liked his come back to rex..."i'm quicker but hes probably stronger" a great way of stating the obvious....the coaches dont make the plays...the players do.
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Always makes me grin!

killa

nfl

Post by killa »

ny fans go to utube search pats rap this kid is a friend of the family.Doug i dont have the know how if u could post this that would be great
killa

nfl

Post by killa »

correction jets fans thats new england patroits rap on utube
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Mark,

Looks like you’re one step closer to a Packer super bowl. I get to wear my cheesehead deep into the playoffs and laugh at my buddies who are cowboy fans. Doesn’t get much better than that for a south Texas Packer fan.

Later,

Daniel
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Daniel ride the wave amigo!
Bruce tell me again about how the Pack shouldn't have won last week!

I am listening.

Go Pack!!!!!

randall

Post by randall »

i only followed the game out of the corner of my eye. i was listening to music at my friends bar. so i have a question. it looked to me like TWO of the pack second half touchdowns were bogus. the first the QBs hand was clearly down before the end zone and the receiver was clearly knocked out of bounds before the pylon. why no challenge? no dog in this hunt ,just curious.

and i dont think it would have mattered anyway.
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

The first one Jordy Nelson touched the ball on the top of the pilon which by rule is in the end zone and a touchdown. The second John Kuhn looked to me like he was short of the goal, but I won't complain. Maybe Coach Smith is in love with his red flag?

At least one more week I get to smack off. Life is good today in the frozen tundra. Cept my head hurts a little...............

randall

Post by randall »

the first one was the QB keeper where he put his palm on the turf just short of the goal line....but what the hey.....looks like seattle is toast.
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

I don't think they like the cold, plus they already have two in the hospital! Brutal game! They have no pressure on Cutler and even that turd can complete a pass when he has a week to find a receiver.

The pass rush will be different for him next week. Welcome to Lambeau south!

Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

I like the Packers, but if Philly would have played without the mistakes, they would have beaten the Packers.

They didn't look as nearly as strong as yesterday.

Like Randall said, any given Sunday anything can happen, good or bad.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Packers take the ring without Farve at the helm. If not the Packers, the Steelers.
In Memory of Vicroy

NEWS FLASH!!!!! Boston, Ma.....2d rate quarterback throws interecption picked off by a not-so-swift NY Tripper, Pats social worker cheerleaders blame it on George Bush.

Trippers blow the opportunity. 2d rate vs. 3d rate?

UV
Dug

Post by Dug »

UV,

With all due respect, shut up.

Its his first interception in 340 pass attempts. How's your QB doin'?

Followed by two Jets attempts where pushed back behind the line of scrimmage, and then a missed field goal. Nice.

Yeah, then Brady avoids the sack, and on the next play a personal foul by the Jets.

Please UV. Lets see how the rest of the game goes. Be quiet and enjoy the football, ok?

Dug
randall

Post by randall »

sanchez is a slow starter....hopefully they can hang in till the last drive. that seems to be the only time he can really play.
Dug

Post by Dug »

By the way, I forgot to add the :)

Looks like it will be a good game! Go Pats!!!

And I don't care if the Patriots are 2nd rate. As long as the Jets confirm they are 3rd rate! :)

Seems we still know how to kick a field goal at least!
In Memory of Vicroy

Its a rout. The fake punt fooled only the Pitty-Pat fans. The Trippers are mauling the Social Workers. Sad day in Boston......

UV
Brewster Minton

14- 3 Jets.
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

UV:

It appears your bookie is a true football scholar, and not a "my ugg wearing metrosexual quarterback is the best ever in football" scholar. It is not hard to have great stats, when you play a weak schedule!

Your Northern Aggressioner Friend, and New England Patsy Hater,

Tom
In Memory of Vicroy

Yeah, Missah Brady been spendin' a lotta time on his ass.

Remember, I predicted the Trippers vs. the Frozen Bay Peckers in the SB.....

UV
Brewster Minton

Yes!!!!
PeterPalmieri

Re: nfl

Post by PeterPalmieri »

killa wrote:Come on peter rex is a ass Shut his mouth stop motivating the pat & bill it can only hurt not help.Drink the KOOLAID in Bill we trust
SEE YA.
Russ Pagels

Post by Russ Pagels »

yes....yes....they did it
1972 31 FBC 315-141-1226

All that is necessary for evil to succeed
is that good men do nothing.
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

Well, fellas.....enjoy it while you can, 'cause no way are the jets going to the super bowl. Sorry. :)
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

UV even though I started this thread out with a Jets Packers SB prediction I am sure you must have predicted it eons ago or as I have learned by hangin round this sand box that no matter what the argument Vic is always right! LOL!

You truely is a soothsayer, well done brother.

TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

I can't wait to hear Rex Ryan's post game interviews!

UV, as always, we should shut up and listen to your wise advice!

Tom
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

not a jet fan but my hats off to ryan . hardest thing in the world is to be on that diaz if you ever were the ceo of a company or a leader of any type you would understand . i love a guy like rex ryan " it ain`t braggin if you done it" best of luck to a great leader ------go jets!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
randall

Post by randall »

news flash!!!.....rex ryan gives game ball to vic roy.
Dug

Post by Dug »

I'll tip my hat to the Jets defense. No doubt.

I will also sleep very well tonight, knowing that the Pats played a damned good game overall. The coverage on the Pats recievers was tight. Hence the hat tip. I've not seen Brady have to wait that long to find an opening in, well, years.

I hope the Jets fans think about one thing. Yes, the truly inappropriate words got backed up. Doesn't make them right to have been said. I hope as parents you guide your children live to higher levels of sportsmanship than the Jets have evidenced all along this year. It is a real disapointment to me to be honest. I am not crying crocodile tears, but I have always been brought up and coached to win gracefully, and to lose gracefully. The Jets have lined up to trip opposing team players along the sidelines, cat called female reporters, overdone it after touch downs, and so on. Hey, go ahead and win. But do it gracefully.

All you guys who think Bill B. is a jackass, did you see the length of the post game hug with Rex? He shook his hand, and congratulated him, and that is grace in winning. The Jets players? Hey, I understand the back flips, but come on...

Hey, I'm done, you get the point. Congrats to the Jets. You really earned it this time. I'm with Steve Miller however! And Tom, you are Giants fan, right? :)

Go Steelers!!!!

Dug