Flying car!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Flying car!

Post by MarkS »

This was at EAA Air Venture in Oshkosh (by gosh) which is a little more than 1/2 hour from my home town.

Fun stuff.

http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=635469588001
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I am impressed!
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Very cool
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

What is old is new again! Wouldn't want to be driving that around the East coast right now! Might get icicles on your nose!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

WOW! ! ! Jo Ann asked if I would go up in "That Thing"......my response....OH YEAAAA! ! ! !

hb
hb
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Mark,
Ol Roush didn't crash any more jets again did he?
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

I made many trips to Oshkosh back in the 1980's. On my first trip I cross the 100 hour mark as a private pilot. What a thrill. What I learned at Oshkosh is with enough HP anything will fly.
My dad, rest in peace, loved talking to the other WWII guys; and seeing all the WWII War Birds. My son at 10 years old learned to fly by looking out the side window. He was too small to see over the dash. All I had to do was take off, land and watch out for other aircraft. He could keep her straight and level.
randall

Post by randall »

cool!!
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

I've never experienced a more thrilling moment in my life when I solo'd for the first time.
The second was being told upon final at PBIA on that solo flight that AA heavy was landing next to me on 27. When I looked over that 747 looked enormous and the ga 27 was not that far away.
Thoughts of jet wash and ground looping made me wish I paid more attention on my instruction and ground school.
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Bruce in my humble opinion ole Jack was making her a charter member of the mile high club during landing! Lucky she didn't Bobbitt-ise him on impact. Thinking back to all the news and shots of her I think she was his junior by a good bit (no pun) and sporting a new set of store bought knockers.

I may be wrong but like to dream ;)

Charlie that is a mouthfull (anything will fly with lots of HP) the junk that one comes accross around here that was EA is interesting to say the least. For many years just north of Oshkosh along the side of the highway was a tin can that at one time I think had some sort of jet propulsion. Used to drive past it regularly on the way to granny's with the folks as a young spud and think what idiot climbed into that death trap and actually tried to fly it! Felt like John Candy trying to get behind the wheel of a Shelby Cobra, ain't gonna happen.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Way cool with good fuel burn to boot.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!