Windshield molds--anybody know what this is about?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

John F.

Windshield molds--anybody know what this is about?

Post by John F. »

Just saw this and posted for general interest:

http://www.thehulltruth.com/fishing-mis ... -mold.html
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

WOW, John the fathfull are on it in no time. Posted at 7 pm and in a couple of hours 3 of the fathfull posted on it. Hope to see pictures of finished product.
1976 FBC
3208 NA
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

The "fits like a glove" needs to be taken with a box of salt....no two B31s are alike, ask Capt. Patrick about installing a front window insert that was 'guaranteed to fit perfect".

UV
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

if i remember correctly, some one was trying to sell a mold maybe 5 years ago, dont remember where i saw it
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

I can get over to Sarasota if no one is closer. Might be worth it just to take a look.
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

We all know how the glove fit turned out with OJ.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Bruce wrote:We all know how the glove fit turned out with OJ.

I was thinking the same thing...
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Bruce, you may have just coined the new caveat for all after market products created for the B31...

"Fits Better Than O.J.'s Glove"
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Called and spoke to them, they were gonna call back, send pics to my phone and give a price, never got anything.
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Marlin

Post by Marlin »

Carlos at Acrylico is a legitimate source for windshield replacement panals, his primary business is making windscreens for helicopters, meets the govt specs, he was working with bertram many years ago
Ric

windshield mold

Post by Ric »

I have a mold for an exterior front windshield enclosure.I splashed the "mold" from an fiberglass enclosure i ordered from richard kid in 97..the enclosure was ill fitting and no way near the fit, SO we corrected the enclosure by taping card board to the enclosure to make the fit right and then made a mold from that.then i sent him back the enclosure.My mold does not eliminate the window structure in fact it attaches to it.,.,of course the 2 front windows and frame were replaced with a half inch and a 3/4 ply together leveled on the inside and leveled and squared on the outside.It attaches to the aluminum frame (carefully) with stainless and the plywood inserts and the mold will fit all the models ,.,the irregularitys of all the bertrams was a consideration in the fabrication of the mold .,.,so we left a "skosh on each end to finsih grind to the edges etc .,.,.cats ass,,,,will fit any and all,,,now about the ugly inside left unfinished......I t had a canvas guy make pattern accross the whole inside,.,.sewd the valcro into the sunbrella canvas stuck the mating valcro on the inside frame and thats how i finished the inside .tight sunbrella accross the inside window structure,.,.,I also made a sunbrella canvas cover for U.V.s Boat and last i saw it ,,it was a damn good fit.,.,sight unseen.,.,just made it off of mine.,.,My inside canvas is like brand new10 years later .,.of course under the canvas is the original frames etc
,.,U>V<<how's your holding up
Marlin i was talking to steve in pompano and he said you have done amazing things to your F.B.C.,.,I will be back down in florida after the holidays and would like to drive to look at your Boat,.,.,.
In Memory of Vicroy

Ric - it still looks like the day it went up, tight and like a drum. Perfect fit and the exact solution to the problem. I thank you every time I look at it.

Me & the Bride will be in Miami Beach for a week the first week of Feb. so maybe we can get together for a clear or 12?

UV
Marlin

Post by Marlin »

Ric, I would like to get your opinion on what I'm doing, pretty much a retro, I like the new technolgy combined with the classic look and ride of yesteryear, anyone else in the area would be welcome to visit as well
Ric

enclosure

Post by Ric »

Hi marlin.,.,.,I really enjoy looking at any 31,.,.,I leave wednesday to go back to new hampshire for the holidays..and return sometime after the 1st..Like i said i had been talking to steve (bertramp) and he said you did amazing things.,.,.,,,Knowing the boat intimately I like looking at other peoples ideas,,,Steve said he has your number and i will call him when i get back down and arrange a time when we could meet .,.,you are in Lake worth ? yeah thats a quick drive.,.,.,deffinitely be in touch..,.,
U.V...how the hell are you.,.,.i hope well,.,.absolutely.,.,I will be here and when you arrive in miami I could drive down and meet you and Ms.Elaine ? for a bite on south beach ..no problem.,.,I spoke to doc ...on face book .,.,he had a re/do on his heart .,.,feeling good he will be in key largo in january ..I am going to drive down and have a bite with him and Nancy.,.,.,Yeah that inside canvas enclosure is the nuts .,.,but .,.,.underneath is an eyesore.,.,.,i cant see it from florida.,.,.wishing all the faithful happy holidays
In Memory of Vicroy

Ric, that's a deal....we rent a little funky apt. on South Beach about a blcok from Lincoln Rd. Know all the dives around there.

My windshield insert was done by the original coonass owner who had a shipyard to work on his oil field boats down Bayou Lafourche and he did a real nice job with the inside finished off well.....but the original aluminum windshield frames remained, and they sweated in cool weather and it was impossible to keep paint on them and the mold & mildew off. I killed the mildew with straight clorox before installing your canvas and it has never come back .....been years. A really great solution to an impossible problem.

I'm doing great....getting fat......my cancer docs told me when I got fat I wuz cured....guess I is....

UV