Need help PROPS STOLEN

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

billyo

Need help PROPS STOLEN

Post by billyo »

Our 31 Bertram "Rock Star" is in Port Everglades Fla at Harbour Town Marina. Capt Chris just called me to inform me when he went to install the props he discovered they had been stolen. I don't know the pitch but i do know that they are 1/38" shaft. I need a set of props ASAP as the boat is scheduled to load on a ship for Costa Rica Nov 6th . My question is does anyone know the right pitch etc and does anyone know where we can get a pair quickly. .The engines are Yanmar MODEL / HP: 4LHA-STE / 226 hp FUEL: Diesel . The boat was supposed to have a spare set of props but somewhere in the deal they disappeared. We at the time were willing to just forget about it but know we need them badly and are willing to buy them if we can find where they are. Any help would be much appreciated .
New member of the Bertram clan.

1970 31' Classic

Hull # 1092104
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

The props might have come from B&S on Long Island. Call Phill he may have the records. http://bosslerandsweezey.com/
Dug

Post by Dug »

So, you are saying someone took them off the boat while still mounted up? Damn....

Amazing. I have two sets of 3 blade 1 3/8" props that I have not been able to give away here on the board for years, and they go and take them right off your boat while still mounted on the shafts? Damn...

Well, I have props you can just about have. They are not the right set up long term, but will get you by if you want. 1 3/8" id, and 18 x 18 with some cup I think, 3 bladed. they have been in storage for a long time so I don't know about the cup. I believe they are not nibral. Again, not a set up for the long term, but they will get you by for a bit.

$100 to the site, and I will ship them to you asap. Patrick confirms reciept of the donation and they are on their way to Florida asap.

Hope that helps,

Dug
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Billyo .... you have a PM .... i'm here in Lauderdale
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
billyo

Post by billyo »

Dug wrote:So, you are saying someone took them off the boat while still mounted up? Damn....

Amazing. I have two sets of 3 blade 1 3/8" props that I have not been able to give away here on the board for years, and they go and take them right off your boat while still mounted on the shafts? Damn...

Well, I have props you can just about have. They are not the right set up long term, but will get you by if you want. 1 3/8" id, and 18 x 18 with some cup I think, 3 bladed. they have been in storage for a long time so I don't know about the cup. I believe they are not nibral. Again, not a set up for the long term, but they will get you by for a bit.

$100 to the site, and I will ship them to you asap. Patrick confirms reciept of the donation and they are on their way to Florida asap.

Hope that helps,

Dug
I will be glad.PM being sent to Patrick for instructions for donating. Hey we really appreciate it and for that price they are great to have as spares in a pinch.

1970 31' Classic

Hull # 1092104
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

I sent a PM twice, but dont see it in the mailbox. I have 1 pair of 3 blades that are at Sailorman here in Lauderdale... walkable to Port Everglades ... yours for a contribution to the site or if u want as spares.
bertramp1@aol.com

I'm here in Ft Lauderdale and can help as needed.
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
billyo

Post by billyo »

Bertramp wrote:I sent a PM twice, but dont see it in the mailbox. I have 1 pair of 3 blades that are at Sailorman here in Lauderdale... walkable to Port Everglades ... yours for a contribution to the site or if u want as spares.
bertramp1@aol.com

I'm here in Ft Lauderdale and can help as needed.
Bertramp thanks, I did sent a donation and Dug i believe is sending a pair of 18 x 18.I think the boat had 18 x 19..If that is what you have i may send another donation to have a spare set as well. I did call you twice and left my call back # cell-508-335-6257.. Thanks again and i really appreciate all the help from all you guys.

1970 31' Classic

Hull # 1092104
Mike Moran

post subject

Post by Mike Moran »

what a site this is , what a great group.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Mike- I've been saying that for years! The best! Congress could learn from us!
By the way, vote 'em all out on Tuesday!
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

The guys here are the best. Go out of their way for no reason besides a boat.
billyo

Re: post subject

Post by billyo »

Mike Moran wrote:what a site this is , what a great group.
That is an understatement .. Once again thanks to all who offered help and thanks to Capt Patrick for running such a great site. It is plain amazing how many generous offers of help i got from you guys. i hope to be able to return the favor some day.

1970 31' Classic

Hull # 1092104
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

I still think for, and this is too late this time, but Patrick had the best idea regarding site donations.

Send a check in Patricks name to whomever has the part you need and then that person can forward the check on to the Captain. Major time saver if someone is in a hurry and a no BS way to go about it!

My $.02

Mark
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Dug

Post by Dug »

Billyo,

Check your inbox. Slight change, and I want to know if it is ok.

Thanks,

Dug
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

BillyO
I picked up my second set of spares that were at sailorman and have arranged with your captain to meet in the AM.
You should be good to go.
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Dug

Post by Dug »

Even more of a question then. Do you want my 17 x 19's still?
billyo

Post by billyo »

Bertramp wrote:BillyO
I picked up my second set of spares that were at sailorman and have arranged with your captain to meet in the AM.
You should be good to go.

Steve ,Thanks a ton and Dug as soon as the Capt calls me I will let you know if we need the props. Thanks again to everyone for bailing my ass out. My wife sent the Donation out this morn and Post office told her Capt Patrick will have it Friday.

1970 31' Classic

Hull # 1092104
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

The props just "wheeled" (sorry couldn't resist) out of my driveway !!
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
billyo

Post by billyo »

Bertramp wrote:The props just "wheeled" (sorry couldn't resist) out of my driveway !!
Much appreciated.

1970 31' Classic

Hull # 1092104