Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

clay

Port Eads "BAD" News

Post by clay »

CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Yeah, there does seem to be some conflicts of interest going on...

Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Oh well, there goes the neighborhood. No more landscaping nanny goats either.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

We've been "suprise attacked" offshore of Venice some 3 times by jets from Belle Chase NAS. We have videos of them passing 60 feet off the deck right next to us, over and over. Fun, after we washed out our drawers......
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
RichardA

Post by RichardA »

Would they still be rebuilding the marina for us?
1967 31 Bahia Mar
clay

Post by clay »

They say they have FIMA funds ready to rebuild Port Eads Marina, but they also say the launch site is perfect because of its isolation -

http://www.mda.mil/news/media_library.html

Take a look at the Aegis program videos. Port Eads will never be the same if they build a launch facility.

Clay
randall

Post by randall »

AndreF wrote:We've been "suprise attacked" offshore of Venice some 3 times by jets from Belle Chase NAS. We have videos of them passing 60 feet off the deck right next to us, over and over. Fun, after we washed out our drawers......
i think they like to to that. in 1972 i was lying on the foredeck of an anchored sailboat off santa cruz island reading a book ("the egyptian") . i sensed something up and ahead of me and when i looked uo i was staring at the nose of a jet fighter aimed right at me. .......closing FAST. at the last second he pulled up a bit. he was so close i actually saw him . scared the absolute sh!t out of me which i guess was the point. my three friends were surfing and we all had very long hair. didnt hear him till he was behind me....BANG.
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Puerto Ricans fought the Navy for sixty years to close their practice range in the island of Vieques. Nothing happened until a pilot missed a round of shots, hit the OP and killed a civilian police. Huge protest followed and the terrains were transferred to the Fish and Wildlife Administration and the local government.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

For security reasons I wonder if it comes to pass that the area surrounding PE including the South pass would become restrictive or none usable like airspace around military facilities?
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

I doubt it would ever happen (for about ......many reasons) but Cape Canaveral has restrictions sometimes and other time none, right? California too. But those restrictions on South Pass could mean alot of time to a boat coming in for help depending on how large of an area is affected. Maybe they'll just use small missiles. Maybe Paul will tell us how large of an area they need.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

And everyone running a boat through South Pass will have to have a TWIC card hanging from their necks at $132 a pop.
kipp

Post by kipp »

No launch site on the plans I saw? Maybe the trip was a covert Army Op!
Kipp
randall

Post by randall »

iv'e sailed the length of vandenberg (beautiful country )and have even seen a launch.....but you have the whole pacific behind you. a small pass could be a problem.............it is however the mississippi river.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hey Walter, everyone in Venice has a TWIC card. You got no business in Venice without it. Unless your the shrimp pimp whores or Timmy the Triathalete.

A missle base will never happen there due to too many shipping interests between there and SW pass.
Viva la Presidente!
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Where's Dave Robicheaux and his buddy Cleat, gonna fish offshore? Late night curve ball.
Yep, you guessed it...drunk again..it is the weekend...good night.
John.
Sweet dreams.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

You might be right Andre.

Theres a spot off Virgina I think for missle testing and the waters are only restricted when launching.

Ask me how I know :(

Lesson: don't forget to turn on the VHF when leaving the dock at dark thirty. The guys in the red flashing lite boats will quickly chase you down.