viral web site.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

randall

viral web site.

Post by randall »

it seems the web site that mike made for me is going viral, at least in a minor way. it appears every day on a few more blogs and other websites. lately in brazil but now this:

http://news.gamme.com.tw/archives/8609
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Hey.....

We know a famous person!!
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Neat, Randy......remember the Japanese boat mag - think the name was Perfect Boat - that had the pix of several of us with Mike's UVI shirts on? Taken at the FLL show one year.

Amazing stuff.

UV
randall

Post by randall »

yikes...just got an email from china!!

bout 6 years ago mike asked if i had a website? when i said no his reply was "you're an idiot. i'll make you one".

mean team indeed.
In Memory of Vicroy

Randy - ask the Chinese people what those big letters they always have on the walls of Chinese restaurants mean....someone told me once they are very obscene, referring to dog meat and road kill?

Congrats......

UV
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Randy,

Getting found on the net is key. Your work leaves anyone who sees it filled with shock and awe. "Simply Unbelievable" is the most common term I've heard from first time viewers...

Back when Mike first published your site, I made a simple modification to my site. (Think I told ya'll about it, but maybe not...)

In the coding of my index page, there, of course, exists a set of meta tags that direct all search engines to spider and craw my entire site and to follow all links to where ever they lead. The first ten lines in the body of an index page are by far the most powerful in terms of search engine recognition.

If you go to http://bertram31.com and click and select all, the content of the page will highlight in blue. You'll see the link I placed there over 6 years ago magically appear on line #1. The very first link in my site for the search engines to index and follow. The reason that nobody sees the link, (without highlighting), is that the font color is black and within a black background.

My site gets indexed by Google at least twice a day, if not more often. Most of the major search engines index me not less than once a week. All search engines index Google just to keep up.

That means that randallrosenthal.com is getting indexed, at the very minimum, as often as bertram31.com is...

Just my way of helping a buddy and fellow struggling artist.

AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Is that a Brittany's a$$?
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

randall wrote:yikes...just got an email from china!!

bout 6 years ago mike asked if i had a website? when i said no his reply was "you're an idiot. i'll make you one".

mean team indeed.

You're totally outing me.

Some friend........
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
randall

Post by randall »

like you said...just keeping up appearances.

thanks patrick!!

whats happening now is people are linking it from one web site to the next. they are generally common interest sites not "art" sites but it is totally out of my control ...so what the hey. it was on an architecture site last week.
randall

Post by randall »

i found out how to translate.....pretty funny!!!

click on the image.

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 26prmd%3Do
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

the translations can sometimes not make sense
Randall your work amazes me, one day I will have to see it in person
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

World Famous. Your awsome! Just dont forget us in the end. Not that you would.
scot

Post by scot »

Congradulations Randall, nice PR for your amazing work. The next step is China will send a deligation to watch you work. They take lots of pictures and make lots of notes.....2 years later they are pumping out clones of your work for $5 ea. Don't let them in the shop!!!!

Mike, it's OK to be Outted when your right.
Last edited by scot on Sep 15th, '10, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Randal, Thats amazing...Mike...Capt Pat...put you guys together...take on the world....wide web that is...Great work guys...just needed the platform to get your work out to the world...after that it speaks for itself.
BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
In Memory of Vicroy

Randall - the translation is worth the price of admission. Like the part about the 'hand of God" and "Super Terrible".....guess the big chinese letters on the restaurant walls mean something like "watch round eyes eat dog doo doo".....or close?

Funny, but you can tell they are in awe....now the part about the White House?

UV
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

They do seem to think very highly of ya' Randy...
Beijing with Love wrote:New York sculptor god "Randall Rosenthal" is the best
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

I see an alter in Randall's future.
randall

Post by randall »

..now the part about the White House?

obama has a yellow pad with his portrait on it.

i guess .google dosen't translate too well.
randall

Post by randall »

Tony Meola wrote:I see an alter in Randall's future.

or past. thanks everyone for the kind words. the truth is i only posted it because mike couldnt open it in the email attachment. so thanks again patrick. it worked here.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Randall Brother you velly famous!!! LOL!! You do deserve the appreciation even if it is in "Chinglish"!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Randall

That is realy a piece of art. Unbelievable.
gplume

Post by gplume »

Randall -

Your work awesome....and now world wide. The story is very interesting and kind of cuious timing for me which brings up a side story.......I just figured out this chinese translation thing about the same time you did. My company hired a guy from China to work for me out of our chinese office. This guy arrived at my office this week, and I started training him....Gave him some industry specs to read to get oriented//// all in english. Came back 2 hrs later, and the guy has all of the specs ....but translated versions in Chinese. Not bad...guy is pretty resourcful. I am duly impressed. Shows me the web site he got them from which is like a technology emporium.....but everything is Chinese, felt like a lost puppy, could not understand anything but the pix. About 10 minutes later one of my other guys comes in, and I complaining about how I can't read these Chinse web sites...and am feeling left in the dust. Sets me up with google chrome (googles web browser ...has automatic translate in it.). presto...english translation....now I',m not feeling left out. Anyway, been doing some Chinese web surfing...amazing what's out there.

Surf's up soon...

Giff
Giff
randall

Post by randall »

surfed the point this morning...slightly overhead. only one other guy out (good friend) and the waves were so long that after 5 waves i just couldnt paddle back......hey..i'm old.