B28 question about spark (5.7 thunderbolt carb'd 260's)

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MarkD

B28 question about spark (5.7 thunderbolt carb'd 260's)

Post by MarkD »

Hi Gents:

Wonder if any of you can suggest a few options for me. My B28 has had a little bit of intermittent spark recently on the starboard engine. It just gave up the ghost and will not start. Last year I replaced the ignition sensor modules in the distributor b/c the port engines went bad so I did them both). So, I am thinking that is fine. I checked the coil today and that was not it. Could it possible be the thunderbolt amplifyer box bolted to the exhasut riser? Any thoughts are appreciated....

Mark..
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Mark: I went through the same thing last season with the amplifiers and ended up replacing both, as they control timing and were giving intermittent problems. Before replacing it I would switch port and starboard and see what happens. They are expensive (about $450 per side). One of the repair manuals has a step by step troubleshoot which takes you through the ignition system and isolates where the problem is (you need a voltmeter). I may have a copy of it on my office computer. If I find it tomorrow, I'll send it to you. good luck. Leigh