ric/capy any news?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

offshore31

ric/capy any news?

Post by offshore31 »

Have you guys been fishing yet? I got in on that cod bite one day. 400lbs of fish between 4 of us and we stopped @ 1/2 our limit. the fish were huge, ave weight > 20lbs. Was looking for a 60 or 70 but didn't get one. did see some come over the rails on party boats though.

heard tuna are starting to show up on the ledge. i hope to start getting out there this weekend. how about you guys?

Joe
Joe A.
lurker (ex-b31r)
Ric

Post by Ric »

Hi Joe
I launch tomorrow.I had some issues.The blow from 3 months ago had cracked the welds on the feet of my tower,,Then i had a rot issue in the bulkhead ,,,cut it out cauterized the wound,,sealed it fabricated new piece and glassed it in .,.,.,back to new like it never happened.,.I was intending to launch memorial day so i lost 3 weeks,,,Yes tuna in the bay,,,A friend caught one 3 days ago ,,140 feet of water off of high sandy 95 inches .,.,lots of bait and the bay was lit up.,.,.5 days ago at 5 pm giants were busting on bait at the MR buoy in the mouth of the river in 65 feet of water.,.,.,I heard of annother 85 incher taken by katie z out and arround 1st island.,.,.,sop get out there .,.,.,my season on the water starts tomorrow
offshore31

Post by offshore31 »

too bad about the boat, but at least you'll be in this weekend. i'll be out sat. probably a late start, gotta fuel up. give me a shout or swing by if you see me. i might just troll the 30 fathom curve and see what happens. otherwise i'll be up at the curl heading down towards first isl.
Joe A.
lurker (ex-b31r)