Bertram 31 on CBS Nitely News

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bill Mckinnon

Bertram 31 on CBS Nitely News

Post by Bill Mckinnon »

Was siiting here watching the CBS Evening with Katie Couric and a reporter I believe was in Venice and in the background there sits a 31 Bert sitting pretty there. Was there for over a minute doing the interview. Just about knocked the wife out of her chair saying look. She did see it. Always nice to see one sitting in the water so pretty

Captain Bill McKinnon
Charleston SC
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

That's the Centurion, a FBC with 3116 Cats, belongs to Dr. Brian Jordan of Belle Chasse, La. (up the road between New Orleans and Venice). Formerly the "Boomer" with 3208NA Cats that belonged to my late buddy who sold it and bought what is now my Another Joy so he could put a/c in...the 3208s were too wide for a genset.

The Centurion was ripped from her moorings - the exact same moorings where you see her now - in the Venice Marina by hurricane Katrina and deposited in the middle of a cypress swamp a few miles away....it took Dr. Jordan several months and a few helo rides to even find her...then the fun started to snake her out of that swamp. Long story short, she came out with no real damage and ran 100 miles on her own bottom to New Orleans where she was touched up at the Seabrook Marine shipyard perched right next to Another Joy which took a helluva beating too in Katrina. Tough boats...in fact, The Best Boat Ever Built.

UV
Bill Mckinnon

3! on the news

Post by Bill Mckinnon »

Your right is the best boat ever built and they seem to turn up in the strangest places. My boat with the new Yanmars perrforms great. The guys with the outboards just stare as we motor by.

Bill McKinnon
ed c.

Post by ed c. »

You actually watched Katie Couric?
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

ed c. wrote:You actually watched Katie Couric?
No, he was looking at the boat!! LOL!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31