We beezzz rednecks (with papers)

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harry Babb

We beezzz rednecks (with papers)

Post by Harry Babb »

Hey guys, here are a few pics of a New Years party that we attended.....hosted by friends of my children.....actually they are my very good friends also.....when these kids were younger they spent as much time at our house than at their own house......

hb
Carl

Post by Carl »

Look at that...I could have used my ol' Jet Ski for something instead of scrapping it.

Harry it looks alot warmer by you then it did here.

Happy New Years to you and yours!!

Carl
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Harry, Looks like a great time...at the river? That jet ski would make a great sled....we got another 7" of the sh..t..
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Bob wrote:at the river?
Naww.....this party was at a camp house on some farm land about 5 miles from the river.

Carl.....by our standards its FREAKING WINTER here.....that night (New Years Eve) the tempt was in the lower 30's.....

Now last night and tonight and actually thru the end of the week our tempt is going to plumit all the way down into the mid to upper 20's with highs in the day of mid 50's.

As far as the Jet Ski goes, I did not notice it when I first came to the party, I was a little more interested in the Deer Sausage and Boston Butt.......but I have to say when I did notice the Jet Ski hanging from the Oak Tree I laughed for quite a while......These guys, my son and his friends, do the darndest things with junk of any kind.....

Its a real pleasure being in the lives of these guys and gals.....

H
hb
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Harry

Looks like a great time. By the way, right now we would welcome a high of 50.
Carl

Post by Carl »

The low thirties huh...alright that is a bit nippy.

One of the best toys at our home was when dad brought home a Portable Gantry to swap motors in one our boats. After the motor was swapped the gantry was rolled over to the patio, driveway area and we would climb up onto the trolley and ride it back and forth. My sister and I along with a bunch of friends would do that for hours...much much better then the Swing Sets in the backyards or the park down the street.
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Harry,

I'm next door to you and the weather man is saying all week, low around 20- high to mid 40's with MAYBE possible snow on Thursday. Now thats getting just all little to damn cold for me. I'm ready to do some BBQ-ing and TWO people I want to ROAST the MOST are (Jim Cantore) and that Freakin (AL Gore). Dadgummit as Bobby Bowden would say.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Carl

Post by Carl »

Global Warming my Arse!!

If I thougth I could raise the temp a few degrees by burning fossil fuels, I'd have both cars running outside right now, hell I'd pay to have the guys crank up there cars and truck too! Gore...that guys gets under my skin!
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I know that for every brain there's an ass hole, but that guy has one at both ends!
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Carl wrote:My sister and I along with a bunch of friends would do that for hours...much much better then the Swing Sets in the backyards or the park down the street.
I've always said...."It takes very little to entertain children"

My kids spent untoll hours squishing can using my arbor press....funny thing when they were very little they had a better time playing with the boxes at Christmas than playing with their gifts.....

By the way.......from my calculations......we are one day closer to spring than we were yesterday......I say lets keep the count down going! ! ! !

H
hb
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

How long till the tuna start bitting in your neck of the gulf? Or is your spring in late February?
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Bob, I really don't know for sure when the Tuna fishing gets going this year. I think it will be pretty early.

Spring this year is March 20th......Ash Wednesday is Feb 17th and Easter is gonna be early.....April 4th.

I still have an open date aboard the SeaSpray so Bill and I will be firming up a trip before the end of this month. I think I remember him saying that sometime in early May.....but I will have to ask him again.

By the way.....does anyone know how the date for Easter Sunday is determined each year????

Harry
hb
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

40 days after Ash Wednesday, no?
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Someone told me years ago that Easter is the first Sunday after the 3rd full moon of the year......In asking the question I was wondering if anyone else had ever heard the same thing.

But sitting around here I thought that WOW! ! ! why don't I google it....sometimes the obvious just flys right over my head....

So I did..

[quote="from Google"]Main Entry: paschal full moon
Function: noun
Date: 1892
: the 14th day of a lunar month occurring on or next after March 21 according to a fixed set of ecclesiastical calendar rules and without regard to the real moon[quote]

[/quote="Google"]Easter Sunday is the Sunday following the Paschal Full Moon (PFM) date for the year.[quote]

And March 21 is the common day of the Equinox

Then Ash Wednesday is 40 days before Easter.......and in Mobile and New Orleans (as well as other cities) Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) is about 3 weeks before Ash Wednesday.

Harry
hb
Carl

Post by Carl »

Harry Babb wrote:
By the way.....does anyone know how the date for Easter Sunday is determined each year????

Harry

I just look at the calender...

I'm feeling quite pesimistic today...it may be one day closer to Spring but that also makes it one day closer to next Fall or worse yet next Winter.

Hopefully the coffee kicks in soon...

Carl
Garry

Post by Garry »

How long till the tuna start bitting in your neck of the gulf? Or is your spring in late February?

Bob,

The tuna season near the deep water oil platforms in the northern Gulf is year round, especially off the mouth of Mississippi River. Some of the largest YFT are caught within 20 miles of SW Pass in the months of Jan-Feb.

Garry