Blue Angels 14NOV2009 Pensacola

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

amuh60

Blue Angels 14NOV2009 Pensacola

Post by amuh60 »

Anyone in the area planning on watching the show Saturday? Looks like the weather will be great! If everything goes as planned the family and ANNIE C will be on the water watching the show.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Andy
Wish I could say yes but I am gonna be working on DeNada.....Trying to get to a point so I can set the engines in place for good on Thanksgiving Weekend.

With a little persistance I may be able to join you for the Summer Blue Angles Show.

Harry
hb
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Harry-

Good luck and glad to hear everything is fine after IDA over your way.

-Andy
Last edited by amuh60 on Nov 10th, '09, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Harry-

When you recommended the diesel mechanic to the persons earlier post are you talking about the boys over in Elberta?

-Andy
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Andy,
Normally watch them on the patio for the fall show, but have to be at a wedding @ 2:00 Saturday. Weather suppose to be super nice around 78 degrees.

Maybe next year when Harry gets done with Denada we all can raft up for a show in the summer or fall.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Sounds good to me Doug......I would love to raft up to watch the Blues.

Andy, about the mechanic.....gimme a call

251-510-5293

Harry
hb
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Here's a pic from last weekends Homestead air show.

Al

Post by Al »

Bruce,

Thanks for posting that picture. It's now my screensaver. Heartfelt thanks to all our veterans.

Al
Al
1970 31' FBC Hull No. 315-901
"Teppi"
Peter Ross

Post by Peter Ross »

Thought this would be the correct time and topic for a first post here. Too soon to show my extremist right sided views on the political topics, YET! Great site and excellent topics with the only acceptable political views. I see many familiar names here.
The Angels rattled the windows and doors for hours during practice runs this past summer, very exciting. Turn up the volume!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDagqIqfIqM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDagqIqfIqM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Peter,

The blues home coming show in November is pretty awesome with fireworks at nightime with all the trimmings as getting up close for a two day show on Pensacola NAS base.

http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/images/p ... res_02.jpg

http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/images/p ... -ba_11.jpg

Just as you see the pilots in the cockpit in the picture, thats what it looks like as they buzz the roof tops on Bayou Grande behind NAS Pensacola.

Bruce,

Great shot,
One of my customers son was a Thunderbird pilot, he has some pretty awesome photos is his home of them.

The Blues and Thunderbirds put on some great shows and some unbelievable flying abilities.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Al,
If you need a bigger image, let me know, I cut it down for band width.

Here's a few more:

Another shot of the birds

Heres the belly of a B25 from Indy this year.

A couple of shot from a B25 I got to ride in.

A shot from the tail gunner taking off from PBIA

A shot of the coast

A short AVI from the flight;

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw ... 5movie.flv">
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

My son-in-law flew FA-18s for several years and knew a couple of the Blue Angels pilots. My wife and I were able to get VIP "family" passes to their air shows.. meaning we sat right in back of the fence seperating the public from the runways.

I took a ton of pics.. the best being two Angels about 75 feet over the runway from opposite directions, at probably a couple of hundred knots doing a close pass, maybe 4-6 feet apart.. upside down!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Al

Post by Al »

More great photos Bruce. Thanks.
Al
1970 31' FBC Hull No. 315-901
"Teppi"
Freebird

Post by Freebird »

We caught the Blues earlier this year when they flew over Pensacola Beach but weren't able to catch their last show. We were down a couple of weeks ago and watched them practice. My son got all their autographs at the museum after the practice.

As I understand it, JATO use by Fat Albert is going to end with this year's group. Given the current political climate, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see their shows canceled or sharply curtailed.