The Bertram 31 crew is wonderful....especially Giff

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

steve miller

The Bertram 31 crew is wonderful....especially Giff

Post by steve miller »

I stopped in at the rendezvous ( you can tell I'm a veteran, 'cause I can spell it) in Point Judith Friday evening. It really was a great venue...the people were great! But. I really can't say enough about Giff. From the organizational aspects, to the great help he was in fixing two different electrical problems I had on my boat, he went far beyond the call of duty. I hereby declare Giff & family to have an open invitation to stay on Block Island at my house for at least a weekend this fall. I also want to publicly proclaim him to be a Gentleman and all-around excellent person. Thanks, Giff, it was a pleasure to meet you. I really appreciate your helping me with my boat, and for all the great work you did organizing the whole thing!!!! :)
Steve
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i will second that!!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Hear! Hear! One fine job that ran as smooth as silk. I know what it takes and that's not an easy thing to do. Thanks also to his lovely wife, too. You don't do these things alone. Walter
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Giff.....thanks from Jo Ann and myself also......YA'LL did good

I must tell everyone that the Higgins family graciously extended to Jo Ann and I, a warm welcome and emence hospitality while we visited Rhode Island and attended the rendezvous.

We thououghly enjoyed the company of the entire Bertram family.....cheers, guys

Harry

And Brewester...what kind of Te-kill-ya were you serving???
hb
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

It was great to see everyone... And to Giff, thank you for an excellent rendezvous!!!
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
gplume

Post by gplume »

Thanks everyone. Had a great time also, through I have to admit, I was a little worried the weather might no hold out for us.

Steve....thanks for the invite...You never know I might have to take you up on that offer...surfboard in hand.

To cap it off, I got back to my dock and the guy next to me just got back from a canyon trip and gave me a decent size yellowfin. Been chowing down on that since.
Giff
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Great people drive great boats.....Id hang out with you guys any day...A great group indeed. It was a pleasure having Harry and Joanne...more like family then a guest.BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

harry i had a pain killer for my knee surgery , then brewster serve patrone . i had less then 1 shot glass ,within 15 minutes i could not remember my name . abosolutely no control of myself .thank god someone took me to the boat i could have keel over into the drink.i hope i did not offend anybody .
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Bob, That Bertram juice can sneak up on ya without a pain killer...I take no offense... Your knowledge on go fast is mind boggling..I learned alot in one day just from talking with you, and the guided tour of the Phoenix pointed me in the right direction...now I need to figure out how to combine the hardcore Comorant Princess and the rocketship Phoenix. Got a picture in my head lets see how it goes.BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Bob- You were fine, and among good friends. Worry not a bit! Walter
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I thought the Bertram Juice was pretty dog gone good.......I'm thinking of adding a gallon of Bertram Juice to every fillup........that's the only way I will ever out run Lico....."Mo Octane"....LOL

Brewester......I should tell you about a Christmas party and Goldslogger....I'm still not allowed to bring Goldslogger to my buddy's house.....he damn near patts me down at the door....Ha

Harry
hb
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Bob, No worries mate!!
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

thanks guys you restore my confidents in my fellow brothers. i was worry i may have curse in front of the woman . dug said no to the curseing just mumble nonsense .
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

on the way to port judith we rounded montauk point. there had to be 40 boats fishing the great eastern and the elbow . turbulant waters had to be 5' and 6' waves kicking ass on anybody drifting we went right between the two fleets maintaining 26 knots .every person on every boat stood up and took notice !!! the boat just stays bow proud and climbs the waves and rides down the back side without noseing in .not even a drop of water on the bridge . i think these guys will try to buy bluebeard tommorow . wave height and conditions were perfect to put on a "31bertram"show.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
randall

Post by randall »

good show bob......i used to have a tape of great eastern going off at about 25-30 foot . wind from the northwest holding it up and the lip throwing out 40 feet into the flats........no one was fishin it.
Mike Moran

post subject

Post by Mike Moran »

what a great time, Giff did it all along with with Chris, perfect host food was great ,bertram folks were wonderful bag pipes loud I think Doc. was under control of the bertram mistick this might be his last bert. rends. he is relocating to fla . so bag pipes were OK . friday was supper Brester Man went through six containers of magic potion I went to bed I think about 2 am I use to fish for lobsters commercialy but I want to tell you the Brester Man has the tuna scene down pat . most impresed . great time, wish the Capt. was there. thanks Giff and Chris . Mike