Fuel tank fabricator in S. NJ

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Joef

Fuel tank fabricator in S. NJ

Post by Joef »

Anyone recommend a tank fab. in S. Jersey. I have a quote from my marina...seems "in the ball park" with what all you guys have posted in the past, but just want to be sure before i send em a check for 3 grand. (270 gal tank)

thanks
Joe
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Joe,

270 gallons is a bit too much capacity. 2,106 lbs at 270 vs 1,794 lbs at 230. With a topped off tank your current boot stripe is going to be underwater.

$3K for a fabricated metal tank is getting close to the price of a molded vinylester/fiberglass tank through Richard Kidd. The metal tank will have a much shorter life span than the glass tank.

Br,

Patrick
Joef

thank you

Post by Joef »

Cap't pat - thanks for the heads up...looks like your gonna make me admit something that i try not to advertise to all of the Bertram brethren here on this board...my boat is not a B31...its a 31 Northcoast...most similar to a 31 blackfin. The tank that is coming out is the same size. and was pretty responsibly installed as it lasted 19 yrs before springing a small leak ...but i got a private message from another person on the board - and i'm gonna give that guy a call

thanks
Joe
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

ok joe just say 31 hail bertrams and all is forgiven
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

Can anyone expand on the life expectancy of a new aluminum tank? I'm buying a B28 that has a brand new (2007) aluminum tank that was Imroned on the outside. Just curious what the service life should be?

It was installed on a custom cradle that support s the tank so that it will not stay wet. It rests on neoprene pucks.

Thanks,

JD
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

I also meant to add the tank is made by SP in Toms River, NJ. Might be an option? www.sptanks.com. I have no connection ......

JD
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

I think some on this board will tell you to stay away from SP. A couple of the members had bad experiences with them.

Try Patriot down in Forked River. I have seen their work. They made a tank for a 31 that is in the same yard I am. They even had it powder coated.
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

What were the issues with SP?

Want to know since I'll soon own one??

JD
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

Belay my last.... the search function was my friend!

Thanks,

JD