Priceless is heading South

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CHolgerson

Priceless is heading South

Post by CHolgerson »

I just got back from helping my parents move to Delaware and we reserved a slip for the rest of the season at Indian River Inlet state marina. Looks like Priceless will be making the run down south as soon as the weather clears up. I am hoping to make one or two more canyon runs on her before my father gets a chance to bring her south. I will keep you posted.

Regards
Chris
Capt Dick Dean

Mason-Dixon Oh, brother!

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Chris, be very carefull. You just might be south of the line "Mason-Dixon". Once you go over, you can't come back. It's like the song "Hotel California" by the Eagles.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Just make sure you got something your dad wants so he has to bring the boat back. A b31 he might just keep.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Chris,

If dad keeps the boat down south, just give me a call.
There's always room for you on Windstar.
Harv
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Dick,
Get over the Mason Dixon thing.
Doug
CHolgerson

Post by CHolgerson »

Thanks Harv. I might have to take you up on the offer. I have been fishing a lot with some friends of mine and we have been doing pretty well. We will probably make the run to Delaware next Saturday if the weather cooperates. Should be a 5 -6 hour trip.

Chris
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Doug......it's the Manson-Nixon Line.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
CHolgerson

Priceless is in Delaware

Post by CHolgerson »

We made the 178nm run on saturday. Yanmars ran great the whole trip burning just 107 gallons. Looking forward to fishing the southern canyons as soon as the weather clears. Jimmy G, where should we go the Baltimore, Wilmington, Washington or the Poormans?
JK

Post by JK »

Chris,

Fished out of IR for 20 years. The fish change locations pretty much every week. Targeting BF, YF or marlin? So many hot spots are within reach from IR.

--JK
CHolgerson

Post by CHolgerson »

JK,

We are used to fishing the northern canyons for yellowfin, albacore, mahi, and an occasional white marlin. I was told that the bluefin take up residence on the hambone, the sausages and something regarding the chicken something for most of the summer months. My dad just purchased an offshore chart for the area, so I guess I am going to have to do some research. Where are you fishing from? What radio channel does everybody monitor? I am sure I will see you out there before the season is through.

Chris
JK

Post by JK »

Mostly vhf 71 is used in that area with 68 as backup. Check out www.thebassbarn.com and look in the offshore forum section for fishing reports to see what is going on. Then www.tidalfish.com in the offshore section is another great one to check out. A ton of info on those two sites to help you figure out where to head to in search of the fish. www.thesportfisherman.com is a decent site too.

The BF love those inshore lumps whereas the YF generally are more in the 40+fa and deeper range. Check out those sites and you'll get familiar with the fishing grounds.

--JK