Northeast Rendezvous Update:

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

Northeast Rendezvous Update:

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I spent yesterday in Montauk trying to put together some of the pieces necessary for the event. Unfortunately, although it's technically Spring, almost all of the places I wanted to talk to were still closed. Montauk Marine Basin was however open and I negotiated/nailed down our dockage fees. Dockage for that weekend for those making reservations under "Bertram31.com" will be at $2.75 per foot. That's $85.25 per night for a B-31. No minimum size/days etc. That's lower than their normal day rate so make sure thats what you're being listed at when you make your reservations. Dockage comes with power, water and a key to the restrooms/showers. I have been assured that we should all have slips unless we have an unusually large amount of boats. I have guestimated around 20. Montauk Marine Basin is a full-service marina with fuel, bait, boat accessories and tackle available. Call 631-668-5900 and ask for Mark, Rich, or Carl Jr. to make your individual reservations. I would appreciate your e-mailing me at wkapriel@optonline.net when you do and let me know if you and your crew will be interested in participating in Saturday night's dinner. I won't hold you to it, but I do need to get a feel for how many might attend in order to figure out approximate costs. The same goes for anyone who might drive up for the event. Brewster has offered to provide lobster clambake packages per person, but I must figure out how to deal with the situation in the event of inclement weather. The amount of people somewhat effects the size and kind of shelter I must shop for and will also effect the final per-person price. I am trying to keep this at family friendly costs as the dockage will attest. In the end, I would like turn over some event profit (if there is any) to Captain Patrick for the site. As of this moment, Captain Patrick WILL be attending.
The Montauk Rendezvous T-shirt hs been designed and Mike Ohlstein will be printing them. I need a piece of artwork for the Bertram logo and "V" so I can pass the artwork to him after which you may start to order them. If any of you have a piece of the line art needed, please let me know. Many thanks. Walter
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Walter I've got a great eagle sitting on the V in .pdf that won't go onto photobucket give me an email address and I can send it to you.
Its simple black and white but really clean.
The file wouldn't convert nicely so it must be sent as .pdf.
I'll keep messing with it and try to post if I don't hear from you.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
In Memory Walter K

JP - Many thanks. My e-mail address is wkapriel@optonline.net
Harv

Post by Harv »

JP<

email me the pdf, i might be able to do something with it and convert it to a jpeg with the workshop suite from my printer.

Animo916@aol.com
Harv
Harry Woods

Montauk 2008

Post by Harry Woods »

Walter,
Please confirm the dates for Montauk. Your previous post of 2/19/08 mentioned the first week of August. This would mean arrival on 8/1/08 (Friday) and departure on 8/3/08 (Sunday). I wanted to bounce it off my crew before calling for reservations.
Harry
Rumrunner

What are the dates

Post by Rumrunner »

The Rumrunner gang is in. What are the dates because we are going on to some other NE stops after the rendezvious.

A lot has happened over the winter. the 38 was sold and the Rumrunner is now a 50 Bertram.

I will post some pics as soon as I get it moving north. We are stopping in Key west then on to Glass tech in Miami for a swim platform and davit then on to Pirates Cove in Stuart before leaving for manasquan.

Capt Tom
Capt Tom
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Walter,
Sent you an email with the PDF.

Harv if Walter says its no good or he needs a different format I'll shoot it over for you to change.

Happy Easter.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
In Memory Walter K

JP- Send one to Harv as I am having an e-mail problem that I will hopefully fix with some tech help tomorrow. Many Thanks. Walter
Harv

Post by Harv »

Here is the logo.
Harv
In Memory Walter K

Great Harv-E-mail me the Jpeg.
Yes Guys, the dates for the Rendezvous are August 1,2,3, 2008.
Walter
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

That'd make a great tatoo!
Regards,

Doug L.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Thats what I was thiking
Dug

Post by Dug »

Brewster,

Be careful what you say! I have pictures of your Bertram sunburn!

Tom!!!!! You crazy guy! What a ride!!!!!! A 50! Wow... Cool!!!!

Dug
neil

Post by neil »

dug that was not sunburn .it was a temporary tattoo. only brewster would think of that, my son still talks about that crazy guy brewster he just downloaded brewsters theme song on his ipod see ya all in aug
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

dougl33 wrote:That'd make a great tatoo!
on someones ass
thuddddddd

Re: What are the dates

Post by thuddddddd »

Rumrunner wrote: A lot has happened over the winter. the 38 was sold and the Rumrunner is now a 50 Bertram.

Capt Tom
Damm Tom, and your still willing to slum with the RLDT guys?? You are DA Man

Thudddddddddddddd
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

thuddddddd wrote: on someones ass
While I certainly disagree with you, I did laugh my ass off.
Regards,

Doug L.
randall

Re: What are the dates

Post by randall »

Rumrunner wrote:The Rumrunner gang is in. What are the dates because we are going on to some other NE stops after the rendezvious.

A lot has happened over the winter. the 38 was sold and the Rumrunner is now a 50 Bertram.

I will post some pics as soon as I get it moving north. We are stopping in Key west then on to Glass tech in Miami for a swim platform and davit then on to Pirates Cove in Stuart before leaving for manasquan.

Capt Tom
all righty then....good luck with that puppy!!
Rumrunner

Montauk

Post by Rumrunner »

Walter

Rumrunner made its revs today, Coming in on thursday leaving Sunday for block island.

Capt tom
Capt Tom
neil

Post by neil »

tom we are also going thurs thru sun and off to block, hopefully we can follow that fancy new boat of yours good luck with it neil
jeffery pagano

Post by jeffery pagano »

Tom and Neil,

We look forward to following you both to Block after Montauk. Where is the next stop this year ?

By the way, Blue is very excited about staying in her new home--the 50 Bertram. The fact is, Mike and Daley, as well as Blue are abandoning my 31.

Regards,
Rumrunner

Post by Rumrunner »

Hi Jeff

I think we will do the same as last year, leave Montauk on sunday and go to Block Island then on to Nantucket. I have revs on the 7th till 11th in Nantucket. I have not filled in Block yet but I have the forms.

All welcome aboard the 50. Lots more room.

Tom and the Gang
Capt Tom