NE Bertram Rendezvous at Martha's Vineyard

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Sean B

NE Bertram Rendezvous at Martha's Vineyard

Post by Sean B »

Here are the pics I had in my camera from the rendezvous in Oak Bluffs/Martha's Vineyard. My camera ended up being the one used for the raffle winners, so I suppoes the onus is on me to post them. I think we got most of the winners before my batteries died.

Thanks again to Scott Traenkle for putting on a great time, and also for letting us mooch a bedroom and some good company for over a week.

Here are the pics I have at the link below:
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/ ... ?start=all
Last edited by Sean B on Aug 27th, '06, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

The pictures and story behind the fresh Tuna that you guys all ate at the rendezvous can be read here:

http://www.bertram33.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=826

A big thanks to Timmy for volunteering to butcher the Bluefins at the dock, and also for lending us his gear for our second trip out a few days later.
[/url]
STraenkle

Post by STraenkle »

Well, I just got back to work on Monday and finally caught up enough to post thanks to all of you.

I wanted to thank all of you who came to the Oak Bluffs party. I really had a great time and it is always good to see the familiar faces and some of the new ones. As always Timmy supplied a great deal of entertainment for all. I also wanted to send a special thanks to Mitch for introducing me to Mike the caterer. I thought the food was fantastic. Also, a special thanks to Neil for “Procuring” the raffle items. I really like all the poles I won and the check for “fixing” the raffle is in the mail.

I am sorry that one small incident seems to have been the topic of most of the discussion here. I worked quite hard on this and it was very important to me that all of you had a good time. I can only hope that most of you enjoyed the party and I have delayed posting anything because of the lack of positive feed back. I have difficultly putting in perspective a small amount of money, in comparison to what I put out, in disrupting what I believe was a very good time. I had hoped to hear from the majority of you (judging from the pictures) that looked like you had a very good time at the party.

Despite everything, I had a great time and do not regret a single moment. Thank you all for coming.

Scott
Scott Traenkle
Dug

Post by Dug »

Scott,

I have learned when I did these events, that I could not please everyone, and there always seemed to be something to improve on, depending on the amount of control I percieved I had over the particular instance.

You did an awesome job. I thought the Vineyard was great, and can't wait to go back to visit again.

Don't worry about stuff you had little control over, and remember that all the stuff you did above and beyond the call of duty created a fantastic get together!

Thank you!

Dug
Dug

Post by Dug »

Sean,

I have a bunch of pic's. Should/could I send them to you and have them posted along with yours?

Dug
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Sorry I rained on the parade Scott. You did a great job and I shouldn't have let those pricks bother me so much.....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
neil

Post by neil »

scott my son wanted to fix the raffle but i told him it had already been fixed we ended up with a few items that never made it off the boat,we all had a great time and you did a great job now we just need to find a few idiots like us to run one next year we vote montauk neil/neil and cathy
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

Sean,

I have a bunch of pic's. Should/could I send them to you and have them posted along with yours?

Dug

Sure, I can upload them to the same photobucket site if you'd like. Zip 'em up and send to SBurlingham@cfl.rr.com and I'll get on it.
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

Scott, the parts I rember were awesome. thanks for the line on a island taxi, made the trip that much more fun.
Thudddddd
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

Shit. Seeing Timmy fall down drunk is always worth the price of admission. I think after too many clears he turns half Asian because you sure as hell cannot see his eyes!
Regards,

Doug L.
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

it was the straight vodka, frank was pouring followed by the clear tequella chasers that did me in.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Anybody bring some chalk? He was very well behaved in Panama tho. I was quite proud of him. The $20 & color photos of Thudd I gave the two camo-clad, jack-booted cops with the M 16s may have had something to do with his fine manners. Seeing your pix on the wall in the cop room at the end of the dock musta made him think, at least some....... $20 well spent, he was the perfect gentleman. Guess he remembers the UV "sic him" finger point and Snow....

UV
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

No thuddddddd that night, managed to stumbell home without any incidents(at least none that I remembered) and was none the worse for wear in the am
Bob H.

NE Rendevous

Post by Bob H. »

Sean,

My folks went over for the weekend and grabbed a mooring, they were not registered but they said they had a great time walking the docks and talking to a bunch of great people. My parents ride is a 37 Bertram ,Westwater. Thanks for the Blue Moon owner who took a bunch of pictures on my moms camera. I had planned on going with them but my daughter broke her arm at soccer and needed a trip to the ER...

Maybe next year...Bob Higgins
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Timmy,
You're supposed to drink Tiquila from shot glasses not out of the bottle, that sealed it I knew, for both of us.....
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

Andre, I wondered what that baby glass ya'll brought from the house was for. Next time can you give me a heads up, a little earlier into the game?
STraenkle

Post by STraenkle »

Well Timmy, after seeing the condition you were in at the start of the party, I knew I couldn’t have too many sips of that tequila. It was quite good though. I was wondering how you got home that night. I was pretty sure you had crawled under the boardwalk and passed out and I would find you the next morning with kids poking you with a stick to see if you were a dead body. I asked Kathy where you had gone and she said “Timmy who?”. Oh, and UV the chalk wouldn’t have worked in the sand, however a bunch of us started to dig a hole to bury Timmy upto his neck and then place left over food all around him for the sea gulls to peck at. But before we could get the hole deep enough, Timmy was gone.

Thanks for the use of the gear Timmy, too bad the fish don’t seem to like your rigs. They must be jinxed or else the fish could smell you and ran away. But thanks again!

Sean, Thanks for posting the pictures for all to see and hope to get you up here again for another run at them fish.

Scott
Scott Traenkle
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

Bob H,

I met your folks. They were kind enough to give my wife and I a tour of their boat. Nice ride.

Regards,

Doug L.
Regards,

Doug L.
Mike Moran

N.E. Bertram Rendezvous at Martha"s Vineyard

Post by Mike Moran »

Scott thanks for a great time at O.B. we left CT. fri am. ran into fog at fishers island spent the night left early sat. walked around town, and got ready for the party had a great shower . food was great met a lot of nice people the setting was great . left early sun.am smooth trip home 98 miles 4 1/2 hours thanks again . Mike Moran p.s. great shirts
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

Dug,

I never got your pics to upload to the photobucket site, did you try to send them? My e-mail is SBurlingham@cfl.rr.com It'll have to be a zipped up file no bigger than 5 megs or it won't get to me, maybe that's what happened
Dug

Post by Dug »

Sean,

Lots of pics. I have to figure out how to send zipped or maybe just burn you a disc and snail mail it. Or multiple photos...

I will try to get it to ya this week.

Dug