Off the subject but close to home

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

clay

Off the subject but close to home

Post by clay »

Faithfull - Just thought I would do a little family chest pounding and get in one for my brother, He is the Tech that built the ZX-14 and the Triumph Rocket. To many times all you hear about is the owner/driver - Bruce and Capt. Pat can attest to that.

2007 Bonneville Records - Renowned racing team Falkner-Livingston, has two world motorcycle speed records at Utah’s Bonneville Salt Flats. Their 2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 ran in the 1650PP sport bike class, which requires a stock frame, engine, and appearance. Rider Paul Thede exceeded last year’s 189mph with a 198.774 mph run.

Kelly Boltz, son of Cycle Barn owners Jim and Jeanette Boltz, rode a Triumph Rocket III to a new cruiser class record at over 154mph. Both motorcycles were prepared by Lynnwood Cycle Barn’s Scott Zollars, acknowledged to be one of the top technicians in the world.

Clay
randall

Post by randall »

congrats.......very cool!!
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

198.7 on a bike....scary fast. 120 (highest calibration on a fatboyspeedo) on a Harley feels like natural selection/Darwinisim is about to take my dumb ass.
I grew up to be the person my parent's warned me about.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Pass along my congrats as a fellow gear head.

Doug,
If its built for speed and handling even two wheels, going straight with plenty of room on either side of you is a breeze.

Now try what Mike used to do, or running 6.8's down the 1/4 behind a blown alky motor. That's work.

Or run 200mph at Talladega with cars around you inches apart.

That's what seperates the men from the boys.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

;-)

Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

You can get all those thrills for $6 in a NYC taxicab.

UV
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Would you believe 104mph? This is the machine that I used to commute to business in the '70's

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/22 ... 3921UrbIhP

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/27 ... 3921jYYyoD
A/K/A El Gaupo
scot

Post by scot »

120 mph on a Fatboy...
feels like natural selection/Darwinisim is about to take my dumb ass.
Doug.....it is.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

I was told that we hit 12 knots in our EZ Go golf cart this past weekend. Felt like we're going alot faster than that...I'm thinking more like 14-15 knots.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
randall

Post by randall »

kawasaki mach III...as fast as it would go....but like bruce says and i agree (very short track career)....going straight is easy.....had a little honda that turned 93 in the 1/4
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Several, ok maybe 4 years ago I drove a go fast. Uv came to town and the famous fire alarm incident happened. While we were outside UV happened a comment about my mode of transportation "dumb ass organ donor". This while looking @ the turbo Porsche 911 was sitting still.Uv and I got together months later -needless to say the car had died a horrible death and I had prevailed. Think what you will, the man is prophetic and I have the ultimate respect. On a side bar he also talked a woman who was admantly opposed into eating crawfish in less than 10 minutes. Not sure where I was going with this. Mike do you have any pictures of Thudd racing antique go-fast bikes like you ?
I grew up to be the person my parent's warned me about.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

You can get all those thrills for $6 in a NYC taxicab.
Not to mention the wonderful smells of immigration.
randall

Post by randall »

six dollars?.....how fast can you go in two blocks?

one night i was getting gas on houston st at 3 in the morning....in comes this guy to fuel his cab....bout 55, white...i says...".WTF are you when i need a cab"..........he says..."oh theres 4 or 5 of us left".......but that was 20 years ago
Carl

Post by Carl »

They are not immigrants, they are here on perpetual visa's, to make money, stink up the place and go home.
Face

Post by Face »

169 mph, 7-mile bridge at night, 2004 Honda CBR 600rr, no mods, still room before the "red"line of 15,000 rpms. My buddy topped out at 130 mph on his Ducati Supersport 700. This is not something I plan on doing again....but I would much rather do it on a sport bike than inside most cars.
-Joe
capy

Post by capy »

Once when I was 17, a buddy of mine tried to out run the state police in a 1967 Plymouth satellite ...they clocked us at 140mph weaving in and out of cars on rte 93.

In my twenties, in white sands new mexico, I got a speeding ticket heading down slope from the organ mountains, clocked at 160mph in a mitsubishi galant.

In 1993 I went through a 21' formula windshield at 75mph, reconstructive plastic surgery is a wonderful thing....

Think thats about it, I'll shut up now.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Face wrote:169 mph, 7-mile bridge at night, 2004 Honda CBR 600rr, no mods, still room before the "red"line of 15,000 rpms. My buddy topped out at 130 mph on his Ducati Supersport 700. This is not something I plan on doing again....but I would much rather do it on a sport bike than inside most cars.
-Joe
Old or new 7 mile bridge? That determines the difference between crazy and stone crazy!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

169mph on seven mile bridge. I got married in the middle of seven mile bridge. And what I did may be more dangerous.
randall

Post by randall »

ran from the cops three times.....got away twice...got caught once....wasnt pretty.....but thats cars.....we used to run from them all the time when i was a kid with a 14 foot boat.....police had an inboard cruiser and couldn't go in the shallow creeks that connected the bays....and they only had one boat.......eventually the got me and my mom had to come and get me....she yelled at the cops....explaines alot
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Last Thursday me & the Bride were on a Jet Blue (the new super regional E190 from Brazil, looks like a baby 737 - nice plane) and had a big tail wind from New Orleans to JFK....the moving map on the tv screen on the back of the seat in front of me said we were doing 615 mph....then we started down over Philly and it went up to 710 mph....I commented to the Bride we going damn fast - not a girl thing I guess, she shrugged.....2 hrs, 14 minutes ground to ground. Tuesday coming back into a big head wind it was showing 397 mph. She wanted to know why we were going so slow.....trying to explain airspeed to girls is like explaining why turning the heat up to 90 on the HVAC ain't gonna make it get to 72 any faster than putting it on 72...But we love them anyway.

UV
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Doug, it was tuff for him to take pic's from that far back, cept the one time at the suck golf course at Bridge Hampton
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Doug, it was tuff for him to take pic's from that far back, cept the one time at the suck golf course at Bridge Hampton
Where it was so close, neither of us knew who won until the photo was developed.......and I still think it was taken from an angle......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
John F.

Post by John F. »

ok maybe 4 years ago I drove a go fast. Uv came to town and the famous fire alarm incident happened. While we were outside UV happened a comment about my mode of transportation "dumb ass organ donor". This while looking @ the turbo Porsche 911 was sitting still.
Best line was when you showed UV your black Porsche in DC, and all he said was "It looks like a coffin." Prophetic (almost).