Bertram Blowout Sale in Stockholm

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

algillen

Bertram Blowout Sale in Stockholm

Post by algillen »

Here in Stockholm for business... had a one hour window between meetings and took advantage of that to go for a 3 mile run along the water (and no, it didn't take me 60 minutes to run 3 miles). Of course, had to stop and walk the dock of a boat brokerage I passed... there are four Bertrams for sale there (well, actually just three). A 31 (said sold), a 26, a 25 and a 20. The 31 was in very nice shape, looked vaguely familiar... when I got back, I had to look, and sure shootin, it is this boat:

http://bertram31.com/peggysue/index.html

Just in case anybody is interested, there were no Blackfins for sale... which tells me that either a) nobody over here is willing to part with them, or b) there ain't none here to be resold. (Nevermind, I realize nobody cares about that part.)

ag
Not everybody can own a Bertram 31
Email: algillen@yahoo.com
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

The Swedes have a very active group, the Swedish Bertram Yacht Society and a website, www.bertram-sweden.com

I can read Swedish pretty good after a few clears....

UV
Harv

Post by Harv »

UV,

Great site link.
From the looks of some pictures, it seems they do a bit of
rendezvousing themselves. I guess it must be contagious.
Harv
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Al,

"Peggy Sue" is owned by Tom Talomaa, a note worthy Record Producer & Musician. He's also associated, to some degree, with Galärbryggan Yacht Brokerage, (which is maybe the marina where you saw "Peggy Sue"). Karl Wessel was partly responsible in the make-over of Tom's B31. Karl's contact phone numbers are: +4686672140 Landline or +46706002288 mobile.

Tom named the boat after his all time favorite rock recording...

If you can touch base with either Tom or Karl, try to get the current web address for "Peggy Sue" & convey my Best Regards...

Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
algillen

Post by algillen »

Capt. Patrick - you're right, of course, on the brokerage that has that boat. While I don't have time to jog back to the marina before I fly out early a.m., I visited the Web site and saw the same boats that I walked past -and shoot, and I got half of 'em wrong... that was a 28 Moppie and a 26 hardtop, not a 26 and 25.

In any event, all four of 'em looked right in place among the other boats there, many having modern European designs. A few other US and Candian brands there.. saw one Shamrock, a Donzi, a Bayliner (really) a couple Chris Crafts and a Limestone 28.

ag
Not everybody can own a Bertram 31
Email: algillen@yahoo.com
Alex

Post by Alex »

Thanks, Capt. Patrick, for trying to get the current link. If anyone happened to save photos from the site of Peggy Sue's cabin, I would really appreciate copies. I want to recreate the cool, custom-built linkage that allowed the forward dinette bench seat to flip and rise to convert to a raised companion helm seat.

Alex
SteveM

Re: Bertram Blowout Sale in Stockholm

Post by SteveM »

AG,
Here's a link with pics of Peggy Sue. Looks like she is going up for sale.
I remembered your request, and thought it was recent. Dayum my mind remembers some odd things. Mostly about boats, or guitars.
http://www.fritidsmarknad.se/Home/viewA ... ertid=9674

2nd link to broker site

http://www.fritidsmarknad.se/Motorbaat/ ... yggan/9674
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
IRGuy

Re: Bertram Blowout Sale in Stockholm

Post by IRGuy »

WOW!

A walk down memory lane!

RIP guys
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!